75- Bad pull-out game

Mandy stayed the night back at our house. I didn't tell anyone about her being there or about what happened. The only person who would need an explanation was Mickey.

     Thank god everyone else was out of the house at work or doing god knows what, so it was just me, Mickey and Mandy at the house.

I was woken up by Mandy moving around in the bed beside me.

     "Hey, I should get going, thanks for letting me crash," she smiled, pulling on her dress from last night which still had some blood stains on it.

     "You should wash the dress," I said blandly, "Lip lives on campus, Fionas at work, no ones home."

She sighed, but started taking off the dress, "what's all the medical books about?"

"Ian's dating a fireman, got him into it. Apparently he's an artist too," I groaned, pulling the blankets over me more.

     "Good for him, meanwhile you're stuck with my brother," she smiled.

     "Yeah and now I'm stuck with the fucker because he knocked me up with junior," I laughed.

     Mandy sighed, "it's a girl you said? I'm gonna have a niece?"

     "Indeed you are," I yawned, sitting up in the bed.

     "Got a name yet?"

     "A few ideas I guess, nothing definite yetI shrugged throwing the dress down the laundry chute.

     "How's Lip?" Mandy mumbled.

     I sighed, I knew it was always them two that should've ended up together. She was the best for him, she was most like our family.. "he's great. Acing his classes. Was banging his professor for a while and that got kinda ugly but.. you know Lip. But he's doing great.. thanks to you. Without you he never would've bothered with college."

     "Yeah," she smiled, but I knew deep down she still wanted him. And I wanted them together too, it was just wasted potential.

     "I always thought you two should've got married you know."

     She sighed, looking down.

     I quickly changed the subject, "you just go take a shower, I'll wash the dress."

***

     I came back upstairs after washing the dress for Mandy, back into my room where she was brushing her hair after her shower.

     "It's a nice dress, swear you'd never have tried to hide a body in it," I joked, sipping my mug of coffee.

     "You know the company I work for is a real business. It's a real job. Payroll checks, health insurance... one guy even flew me to New York first class," Mandy explained.

     New York.. holy shit. I've only ever dreamed of that living barely above the poverty line in this shitty place, "What was that like?"

     "We saw Wicked on Broadway. I went to restaurants, jacuzzi in the hotel."

     "Wow, fuck me. Well, last year I was dancing in this club and I blew guys for 50 bucks," I shrugged.

     "Why'd you stop?" She questioned.

     I smiled, "Just didn't like starving myself to fit in that gold thong."

     She smiled, taking a deep breath in. "You know Gallagher, you have a mind thats far too big for this small town. You were always too big for this town. Just because we were born here doesn't mean we end up here."