36- Commie skank

I knew everyone was warning me to avoid the wedding at all costs, but of course I didn't listen and I knew Ian and Lip would be there later.

     I walked into the wedding, knowing I needed to find Mickey. I headed straight for the backroom where they were meant to be getting ready and I stormed in to find the person I was looking for, in a shitty tux smoking a cigarette.

     "You call me a punk for wanting a boyfriend or whatever..," I said through gritted teeth, starting to raise my voice, "..but you're gonna marry someone who screws guys for a living!"

     "Who gives a shit! It's a fuckin piece of paper!" He snapped back, making me clench my jaw in anger.

     "Not to me!" I yelled, watching him scoff as I turned to storm out in pure rage.

     "Hey, come on look.." he called after me, making me turn my head to look at him, "just because I'm getting hitched doesn't mean we can't still bang, okay?"

     I took a deep breath, "If you gave half a shit about me.."

     "-Hey, hey," Mickey warned, putting his hand out to stop me storming towards him. "Half.." I sighed, "don't do this."

     I was taken by surprise as Mickey lunged forward, pressing his lips against mine, putting his hand on the back of my head to pull me in even closer.

     He pushed me back into a smaller room, taking my jacket off of me as he started to take off his tux, barely breaking our kiss..

***

     "Goddamn Gallagher," Mickey smiled panting as I pulled my jeans back on, holding a cigarette in my mouth.

     "I ought to get you pissed off more often," he winked at me. "So what're we gonna do?" I asked him, passing him the cigarette, "you gonna tell everyone to leave?"

     "Nah, I'll go get this shit over with and you can wait here for me," he told me, walking out of the room as I followed.

     "Shouldn't take more than an hour," he carried on, "better be ready for round 2."

     I tilted my head at him, "you're not seriously going through with this are you?"

     "Why you acting like I got a choice in this?"

     "This is bullshit!" I yelled in frustration, "Listen to me Mickey, your dad is an evil psychotic prick! You're just gonna let him ruin your life?!"

"You need to grow the fuck up!" He snapped back at me, "don't act like you know a thing about my dad!"

"Are you fucking kidding me!" I screamed, I literally got the shit beat out of me over that psychotic prick.

"Not everybody gets to just-" Mickey started, but stopped to look at the ground, sighing, "not everybody just gets to blurt out how they fucking feel every minute."

We were stopped by the door to the back room opening and Mandy walked in, eyeing both of us up, I moved away from Mickey.

"Everyone's looking for you," she told Mickey.

     "I'm having a fuckin smoke is that alright," he snapped back at her, pushing past her out into the wedding hall.

     "You just get here?" She asked me after Mickey left. "Yeah," I muttered, folding my arms across my chest.

     "Didn't know you were coming," she smiled. I shrugged my shoulders, "last minute decision."

     "Come on," she ushered me, smiling. I took a deep breath and bit my lip before following her out to watch the guy I loved get married to someone else..

***

The wedding March that rung through my ears started to make me feel nauseous as I watched that skank walk down the aisle to where Mickey was standing at the top.

I watched as Svetlana take his hand in hers. "Fuck this," I muttered to myself, standing up and making my way to the bar at the back of the hall.

I grabbed a bottle of vodka and poured it into a cup, drinking it straight as I watched the ceremony take place. Alcohol was the only way I was going to survive this night.

***

A few hours later I still hadn't budged from the bar, now drinking straight from the bottle as everyone else danced to music blaring from a speaker and neon lights flashed on the dance floor.

I couldn't believe it. Mickey actually did it. Went through with getting married to a fucking whore.

Soon I saw my two big brothers walk in, Lip stormed straight for Mandy but Ian came to join me at the bar.

"Hey mouse? I thought we told you to stay away from here," he said, leaning against the bar.

"He did it," I slurred, already pissed drunk, "he got married, to a whore."

Ian put his hand on my arm, obviously copping the fact I was shitfaced, "Morgan, we told you not to come here."

I shook my head in anger, "you try sitting on your ass while the person you love-" I carried on, slurring all my words, "No I'm sorry I mean the guy you've been fucking gets married to some random commie skank!" I yelled.

Lip and Mandy both heard this and I saw the shock on Mandys face, and I felt regret she found out this way afterwards.

"Fucking commie!" I screamed, throwing a cup as Ian started to pull me out the door and Lip ran to my other side to help get me out.

***

"I don't think I'm gonna make it," I slurred, stumbling towards my house as both my big brothers held me up, trying to help me walk.

"We're so close mouse," Ian told me, but I felt a horrible sick feeling rising from my stomach.

"Just gonna lie down for a bit," I slurred, stumbling away from my brothers grip.

"Morgan stop! We're here!" Lip yelled as I struggled to get out of their grasps, stumbling down onto the side of the sidewalk.

I shook my head at them, "I'm gonna puke," I gagged, looking up at them spinning in front of me.

Suddenly I noticed them looking in the direction of our house with furrowed brows but I felt too sick to look at what they were staring at.

"Ian stay here with Morg," Lip told Ian, darting off to our house.

"What's going on," I mumbled, still slurring my words.

"Come on, up up up," Ian ordered, grabbing my arm and picking me up, putting my arm back around his shoulder, "you can puke when we're home."

I groaned as the sick feeling got worse as we approached the house, realising what my brothers were looking at.

I saw Lip and Carl outside our house with two cops and Frank in handcuffs. Lip put an arm around me to help Ian keep my upright.

"Why is dad is handcuffs?" I slurred. "Ian turned to Lip, "what happened?"

"Hell froze over," Lip smiled as me and my three brothers watched the cop car drive away.

"Come on bedtime," Lip ordered, helping me inside.