78- Best of us

This chapter is kind of a break up before the wedding! Hope you still enjoy!

     Kaila was screaming and crying again during the night. I realised Mickey wasn't in bed beside me as I picked her up to comfort her.

"Baby, I don't know why you're crying," I whispered when I heard laughing downstairs. She must've woken everyone up again.

"You wanna go downstairs? Find out what your daddy and your aunts and uncles are up to?" I cooed.

I decided to go downstairs and join them, it's not like I could fall back to sleep again anyway.

There was a whole crowd downstairs. Ian was home, along with Lip, Fiona, Carl, Frank and Sean.

"Ian," I smiled, which caught everyone attention.

"Look who's here!" Frank exclaimed, I had to give it to him. He really did show an interest in Kaila, and was totally invested.

"Hey put that out!" Lip demanded to Carl, who had a joint in his hand. We were being careful around her of course. I always made sure to be a safe distance away from her if I needed a cigarette too.

"There she is!" Ian grinned as everyone got up and starting swooning over her.

"There's my little niece!"

"Awh Kaila hi!"

"Look at this! Oh my god!" Frank smiled, reaching out to hold her.

"No Frank! You're filthy. You wanna hold her go wash your hands," I warned.

He huffed and went to the kitchen to wash them as Ian put a hand on her head, "hey little lady."

I handed her over to him, and he held her close to him.

"Support the neck! She's delicate," Frank added, Mickey made his way over to me and put an arm around me as we watched my family become mesmerised by our little creation. I grabbed a beer from the table, deciding I needed a drink again even though I had been drunk most of the day.

"Look out boys here she comes," Lip grinned.

"She's a Gallagher alright," Ian smiled.

"Gallagher-Milkovich," Mickey corrected, but no one listened, they were too fascinated by Kaila.

"She's so beautiful isn't she?" Fiona smiled, all of them smothering Ian as he held her.

It actually warmed my heart to see my family so involved with her. My baby had the biggest family and every one of them loved her so much. Mickey kissed the side of my head as we watched.

I guess our relationship almost improved since she came along. We realised we needed each other, because both of us needed her. She brought out the best in us really.

***

"Rise and shine Mouse! I'm making eggs!" I heard Debbie shout. I squinted my eyes open to see her holding Kaila in her arms.

"Hey! What are you doing with her" I asked.

She smiled, "she's changed and fed already Mouse. I did it for you and I'm making breakfast. Just take a breath for fucks sake."

She walked away from the room, and I rubbed my hands down my face in exhaustion. I appreciated it to be honest.

I groaned as I sat up, leaning across Mickey and grabbing the beer that I had left there for the morning off the window sill. I cracked it open and took a drink, before swinging my legs off the side of the bed.