59- Bipolars and psychopaths

I lifted my head as I heard ruffling in my room, peering down to see Carl rummaging through drawers.

     "Sorry, didn't mean to wake you," Carl said when he saw me.

     I didn't really care, "you got any water?"

     He threw a half empty Gatorade bottle to me and I popped off the cap.

      "What's it feel like to be crazy?" He suddenly blurted out.

I glared at him, "shut the fuck up Carl."

He shrugged, then clambered up onto my bunk and sat on the end of my bed, "they give you shock therapy?"

"No," I scoffed, feeling weak and drained from these meds.

"Could be me next you know," he said almost proudly, "you ever think of painting yourself and running around naked? I think about that."

"Who hasn't streaked Carl? Me and my friends got drunk when we were 13 and did it on the beach," I muttered, lying back in my bed.

"Well what about flying?"

I sighed, "Carl, my baby brother, that doesn't make you crazy."

"What about pushing someone onto the tracks when a trains coming?"

"Well yeah, that bitch who skipped me in the line at Wendy's. Or Ally Turner, tried to take my 5th grade crush," I told him.

"Well you're officially crazy, I think it's just a matter of time for me. I heard about this guy that thought he had x ray vision and could see titties through clothes, can't be that bad is it?" He blabbered on.

"I dunno. Maybe it is a matter of time for you, but I doubt you're bipolar," I sighed.

"Really? What do you think I'd have?"

"Hmm, sociopathy most likely."

He thought about it for a minute, "then nodded, I bet you're right."

I smiled, giggling at him slightly. I guess our brains work alike.

***

I slept for another few hours and later that day I got up, still super groggy and drained. Those fucking meds.

     Debbie and Liam sat on the sofa watching cartoons, I don't think they even noticed me come downstairs.

I went to the fridge, and pulled out a beer, even though I knew well I wasn't meant to drink on my meds. When I turned around, I spotted my little yellow pill bottles and had my name printed across them.

They made me feel shitty. I hated them. So without thinking I poured them out onto the table, scooping them up into my hands, then quickly ran to the bathroom and flushed them.

I watched as they went down. Never again would I take that. Then I grabbed a cigarette, and headed outside to sit with my beer and smoke.

I was just relaxing, sitting by the pool when a woman approached me, I didn't recognise her though and she didn't look south side.

"Hey? Morgan isn't it?" She asked.

I gave her a dirty look, "why?"

"I'm, I was just wondering when you would be taking down this pool?"

I listened in amusement as she talked, "well, I'm coming down off some heavy lithium right now. Just got diagnosed bipolar, I stole a baby.. hide your kids am I right? So maybe in an hour or two," I said, trying to get a rise from her.