69- Evicted

"It's our crib!" Carl argued about the house. We were in serious shit, I can't lie.

"Not anymore," I replied, sipping coffee. Wait.. is it okay to drink coffee while pregnant.. fuck it the kid was screwed for life anyway.

"But those were the stairs I broke my arm for the first time."

"And the second," Ian added.

I paused, "And the fifth."

"Table where Liam was born," Carl continued, "watch them try and kick me and Nick out, we'll take positions up at the upstairs windows with M16s."

"Or strap Chuckie up with some explosives and throw him off the roof," I suggested.

     "You two have never changed," Ian sighed, sipping his coffee. Me and Carl just looked at each other and shrugged.

"Frank can you keep it down in there!" Fiona yelled as Frank was literally taking our downstairs toilet out.

"Copper pipes aren't gonna take out themselves," he replied.

"You're gonna take the place apart piece by piece?" Ian questioned.

I rolled my eyes, "Frank where are we meant to shit? And puke when we're drunk?"

"The wilderness my daughter, or wherever you can. Copper is two bucks a pound," he stated.

I scoffed, turning to Fiona, "he wants us to take wildershits."

"Look we don't have time for this, we need a place to live," Fiona responded.

"This is all because of the mud people!" Chuckie chimed in, pointing at Nick, "that's what my friends in juvie said."

"What the fuck," I muttered, "Chuckie, do yourself a favor and shut the fuck up before I really do strap explosives to you!"

"What did I say?" He shrugged.

Ian turned around, "Chuckie if you want to stay alive, get the fuck to school."

***

     I worked a ten hour shift at Patsys that day, I really needed to get money together for when this baby does come.

     "Hey Mouse," I heard Debbie call as she entered Patsys.

     "Hey Debs, you want anything?"

     "No I'm okay, just wanted to ask you how your ultrasound went yesterday," she replied.

     I sighed, "Yeah, it was fine. I'm 10 weeks along. Nurse said I can find out the gender in a few weeks."

     Her face lit up with excitement, "really? Oh my god? I can know if I'm having a niece or nephew."

     I shrugged, "I guess. I don't really care either way though."

     "A girl in my school, Katie. She got pregnant last year when she was 15, said that when she found out she was having a boy, the baby went from a clump of cells to an actual person," she smiled, bursting with excitement.

     "Sounds nice Debs, but I don't know. Fiona is still pissed. She doesn't want anything to do with my baby, I'm gonna have to find my own place," I told her, cleaning the counters as I did.

      "Well, I wanna know. I want to be an aunt to your kid. We could have like, a gender reveal party or something," she reassured.

     "What? No."

     "Please? Or even just an announcement. I'm so excited! I really love your baby even now and it's not even halfway formed yet!"

     I smiled, "Tanks Debs."