57- Loony bin

"Morgan! Holy shit!" I heard Fiona call. I turned my head and saw her running up the hospital corridor towards me, throwing her arms around me once she reached me.

     "You okay Mouse? Yeah?" I croaked, on the verge of crying. I nodded.

     She cupped my face in her hands, "you scared the shit out of me."

     "They just need you to sign here mouse," Lip butted in from the other side of me. I hesitantly picked up the pen, signing my name.

     This felt surreal. I was actually being admitted..

     I glanced back to Mickey who stood behind me, he nodded towards me in reassurance. I looked at Ian and Lip who stood beside me too, both looked worried and Fiona had tears forming in her eyes again.

     "Morgan Gallagher?" A nurse suddenly called from the door into the psychiatric ward.

I nodded towards her, but before I left I looked to Mickey, but I felt like I couldn't face him.

"I'm sorry," I mumbled in a whisper, before starting to make my way towards the nurse, Fionas hand on my shoulder, followed by Lip and Ian too. But just before I made it to the door, Mickey came up from behind me and wrapped his arms around me tightly.

I nuzzled my face into his chest again as I heard him sniffle into my shoulder. I've never actually heard him properly cry before. I fought back my tears the best that I could.

I didn't want to let him go, but eventually I had to.

"Bye guys," I whispered to my siblings, before following the nurse into the psych ward.

***

I woke up blinded by the light that came through the window onto my bed. My vision was blurry and I felt dizzy. I woke up like this so many times but mostly it was because of drinking too much.

"Morning miss."

I looked up to see a nurse walking into the room.. I wasn't in my room. What the fuck. "Where am I?" I asked her, completely confused.

"Cook county psych ward, sweetheart," she answered. Everything was so blurry I could only make out the outline of her.

"The fuck?"

I rubbed my eyes.

"Has the sedation worn off yet? Are you feeling better?" She asked.

"No, I'm dizzy as shit and everything is fucking blurry. What the fuck did you give me?" I asked, feeling like crap.

     Suddenly a girl swung her head down from the bunk that was above me, she looked about my age, "it's just the sedation. Makes you feel like you've got oatmeal brain."

     I just looked at her in confusion. I made an effort to look around the room. It was completely white. Like a fucking cell. I guess I was a real mental patient now.. like I was crazy... FUCK.

     "Okay, here's your pills and a cup of water. Breakfast is in 10, don't be late," the nurse told me, handing me my pills and water then leaving the room.

     "What's your name?"

     It was that same girl again that slept in the bunk above me, sitting now on the bed across from mine. She had short hair that was just above her shoulders. She was paler than me too. They were both dressed the same, white t shirt and joggers too.

     "Morgan," I mumbled.

     "That's pretty badass. I'm Stella. Sounds like a fucking princess or some shit," she went on.