11- Something remotely selfish

I was helping set up dinner with Fiona, Debbie. Fionas new friend Jasmine was here too. We heard V come in the front door.
"Hey! Where is everyone!"

"Kitchen!" Yelled Fiona. "Carl set the table."

"Hii, I'm Jasmine!" Said Jasmine to V, I smirked seeing Vs face.

"Oh sorry, Jasmine this is Veronica. V lives next door," said Fiona.

"Hiya V."

V didn't look happy at all as Jasmine complemented her.

"Pour yourself some bubbly V we're celebrating Morgan and the boys big breakout!" Said Jasmine.

I helped Debbie with the dinner, distracted until I heard Carl talking to Fiona. "Figure out what your gonna do to them yet?"

"Huh?"

"Punishment, ground them for a year?"

"Shut up Carl!" I said throwing a washcloth at his head. "Mind your business."

"A toast!" Said Jasmine handing me and Fiona champagne, then giving one to Debbie.

"To adolescent misadventure!" She said as we all clinked glasses.

Lip came down the stairs getting ready to leave. "Where are you going?" Asked Fiona.

"Karen's."

"He means Skankons," I said.

"Dinners almost ready."

"Not hungry," he said before going out the door.

"That another jailbird?" Asked Jasmine.

"Yeah, another one, along with this one and Ian," Fiona said pinching my nose.
* * * * *
Later, we all sat around the table having dinner when Lip barged in. He ignored us, running up the stairs.

"Lip?" Called Fiona.

Fiona nodded to Ian towards the stairs to go up after him, then to me. So I followed Ian upstairs after Lip.

We knocked before walking into our room, finding Lip face down on his bed.

"You alright?" Ian asked, getting a joint from his drawer.

No answer.

"How's Karen?"

"Lip?" I said, nudging him.

"She fucking dumped me."

Thank god.. I obviously didn't say this to him though.

"Were you two even a couple?" Ian asked.

"Still feels shitty."

"Lip, she was a slut," I said, Lip throwing me a look.

"She was kind of a slut," said Ian agreeing, lighting the joint.

"Yeah well so was I."

"Maybe that's why you two got along," I said, making my brother smile.

"I think I might've been falling in love with her."
* * * * *

"You okay Fi?" I asked as she rushed around the living room and kitchen.

"Fucking Steve, he's in trouble, he has to leave," she said. "He wants me to go with him, to fucking Costa Rica."

I raised my eyebrows. "Oh shit." I wasn't expecting that.

"Wow," said V.

"He has tickets booked and the flight is tonight. He wants me to meet him at the airport."

I looked at V who looked just as shocked. "Don't worry, I'm not going."

"Why not?" I asked. She was still running around, cleaning dishes and picking up clothes, so we followed her to the kitchen.

"Costa Rica? Drinking blended margaritas under an umbrella on a white sand beach. Give me the ticket shit I'll go!" Said V.

"I'll just be another person deserting these kids," she said putting a hand on my head.

"Oh come on Fiona!" I said.

"What are you afraid of? The kids won't miss you?" Asked V. "That by day three Carl will be saying Fiona who? When you call."

"Or that if you do anything even remotely selfish that the earths gravitational pull will end and well all go flying into space?" I added.

"No! Shit... I think I might be in love with him."

"Really?" I asked.

"I know.. it's scary isn't it."

Fiona was crying now, so me and V went to her, hugging her tight. I knew I would miss Fiona loads, but I knew she deserved this more than anyone.

     Sorry this chapter was super super short. The next chapter is the start of season 2 though! :)))