Insert 8

Lisa's pov

I breathed in as I stood in front of Sino's home. I fisted my hand, and brought it to the door knocking at it lightly but firmly enough to be heard. I looked at Betty who looked back at me with a simple smile of encouragement. Soon the door flew open revealing a grinning Sino. I smiled and threw my hands around her hugging her.
Sino: Ahhh I can't believe you here, it's been too long.
She pulled back and seemed to examine me, trying to take me in and confirming that I was indeed standing in front of her.

Me: Well aren't you going to let us in?
She laughed and opened the door wider for us to enter. Betty was holding Ronnie, it was better if we settled first before dropping a bomb on them. I was engulfed in a warm manly hug by Siya as soon as I stepped inside. I smiled hugging him back.
Siya: The prodigal daughter.
Me: You still stupid.
I said as I punched him lightly on his shoulder. I looked to see Sino pick up a crying Khalu, their one year old son.

He stopped crying as soon as his mother held him in her hands. I last saw him a few months old, he looked grown and cute now. You could see the resemblance between him and his father. I introduced Betty to everyone. Now everyone was sitting in the living room just catching up.
Sino: Oh is that your child? She's so beautiful.
My breath hitched in my throat, I looked at Sino seeing her smiling at Ronnie, glancing between Betty and her.

Me: Sis, that's uhm Veronica my child.
I decided to just come out with it, no sugar coating things. I held my breath waiting for their reactions. Siya stopped kissing Khalu and looked at me with wide eyes. Sino pursed her lips looking at me with shock.
Sino: Say what?
I looked over to Betty and she nodded at me. I took Ronnie, putting her on my lap. It was now that I felt my heart beating, good I'm still alive.

Me: Ronnie, is my three year old baby.
Siya whistled while adjusting his son on his lap. I saw Sino counting her fingers, probably doing the math of who could be my child's father or when I got pregnant.
Siya: Does he know?
Obviously ignoring his wife. He had already figured it out the minute I said my child. And he knew that he doesn't know, he maybe wanted to confirm his assumptions. I shook my head.
Sino: How could he when we didn't know!
She hissed at him, rolling her eyes in what seemed to be irritation.

Sino: Oh my God! You have a child!
After a long awkward silence, Sino shot up in disbelief. I widened my eyes at her abrupt manner.
Sino: Wow! How? I mean how didn't we know?
I then explained everything to them, how I didn't want them telling Mndeni about my pregnancy. To which Sino scoffed, Siya nodded understanding my reasoning.
Siya: I would have told him, I mean it's his damn child. I don't think it's something I would've kept from my brother.

Sino: I wouldn't have.
She pouted clearly hurt by my actions. I mean i pretty much acted like i didn't tryst her, I understood why she was upset. I set Ronnie on the couch and stood up to walk over to my sister. I took her hand in mine and looked up at her, she averted her eyes away from me, which made me chuckle at her childish behavior.
Me: I'm sorry I didn't tell you, and I know that you would've wanted to be a part of my pregnancy and Ronnie's life.
Sino: Like hell I would've, I'm her aunt Lisa, she doesn't even know me, I'm honestly mad.
She looked serious then. She looked hurt, something I never intended to do was hurt my sister, but I did and I was ashamed of it.

Me: Okay tell me honestly that you wouldn't have went on and blurted the truth to him?
She seemed to think over it, knowing that she couldn't have kept such a secret, even from her husband, who would've went and told him. She looked at me and sighed when I quiked my eyebrows at her.
Sino: Well, what now? I am not admitting to you being right because you weren't. How could you hide a child Monalisa, a three year old child? She doesn't even know her family, her cousins her aunts and her dad-
Me: Look I'm sorry okay? But me keeping her away from everything was my decision and I still stick by it.

I breathed and looked over at Betty who remained quiet this whole time. I really didn't mean to snap at her. My face softened.
Me: I need you to understand my reasons, you know what happened and I couldn't stay with a pregnancy, the stress and everything else, I couldn't risk my baby's life like that, you know I lost-
I looked up feeling my eyes well up, not wanting to think to much about my first pregnancy and the miscarriage. Sino got up and hugged me.
Sino: I still don't agree with everything you did but I'm your sister and you family so I'll support you still.

I hugged her back with the same intensity. I was so grateful for her support. She really was the best sister I could ask for.
Me: Thank you, that's all I need right now, my sister.
Siya: What about me?
Me: What about you?
Siya rolled his eyes as he got up and came to hug me too, to which I welcomed.
Siya: He's gonna flip, but I'll be here with you.
I removed myself from him at his words, say what? Siya saw my expression and immediately regretted his statement, but it was too late.

Me: What do you mean? He's in Italy so how-
Sino: Is anyone hungry, I made dinner.
Me: Sit!
I commanded as she was about to dash to the kitchen. She cussed under her breath and sat back down. My gaze found Siya's, experience him to talk any minute now.
Me: Siya?
Siya: Shit, Snakes' back in the country.
I slumped on the couch, feeling defeated, my hopes flying out the window like that.