Insert 50

Snakes' pov

I checked the wristwatch for what seemed to be the hundredth time. It's been over an hour and the bitch isn't back yet. I was patched. If she really loved me as she claimed to, at least she should've given me some water. I groaned, feeling it deep in my throat. I lowered my head, feeling exhausted, my body hurt from the same position, and the robes tied around my limps. But I've been through worse. The pendant dangled around my neck. It opened and the picture of my family came to view.
Me: I'm going to get out of here, for you.

I was going to do everything in my power to get out of this, for my family. Suddenly the door opened. I sat straight, glaring daggers at Lilly. How I wished to snap her neck and rip her limps one by one and feed them to my dogs. Which I would have to buy first.
Lilly: Oh come on love, don't look at me like that, it hurts my feelings.
Me: You twisted psychopath.
My words came out slow and menacing. I saw it in her eyes that they got through her. I guess I was hurting her feelings after all.

Lilly: Don't call me that!
I raised my eyebrows at her sudden outburst. She looked mad as hell. Good hoe, be mad. This skinny wanna be my wife stupid bitch thought she could kidnap me and live to tell the tale, she has another thing coming for her, a blade between her eyes!
Me: Nc nc nc, it won't take long till they find me, and when they do, you dead.
She looked at me with skepticism. I took the opportunity to trick her.

I glanced at my watch and laughed humorlessly.
Me: More than twenty four hours have passed since I've been gone and no ones knows where I am.
Lilly: And-
She stopped talking and followed my eyes. She seemed to be close to falling into my trap. Got ya!
Lilly: You little shit!
Me: Tick toc.
I felt a weak ass slap in the face. I looked up at her and laughed hard.

She started to fumble with my wrist, obviously trying to take out the watch. She glared at me as my laugh died down. She held the watch in her hands not doing anything with it. I kept her gaze.
Lilly: Well, it doesn't matter anyway. You'll be dead before they arrive here.
She dropped the watch and stomped on it, making it shatter in pieces. She looked at me with a satisfied smirk.
Me: Do you know anything about IT ?
Lilly rolled her eyes and crossed her arms.
Lilly: What?

I smirked, my eyes going to the smashed watch that has now been activated and alerted my IT team. Which means, soon my brothers will come to know of my whereabouts. I looked back up at Lillian.
Me: It's a great system I tell you. You can store, retrieve and send. Tic toc!
I smirked and threw my head back closing my eyes. I was sure her small minded mind was trying to figure out my words. Now I waited.

I don't know when but when I snapped my eyes open, a small object pierced my neck and retrieved again. I looked at the small syringe in her hands and felt my head spinning. Did she just drug me.
Lilly: I really don't care about anything you just said right now.
She smiled sinisterly. My eyelids felt droppy and heavy. My vision blurred and my breathing was uneven.

Lilly: Sleep now, I need to take you somewhere.
I gritted my teeth, feeling the strength leave my body. I blacked out.

***

Narrated

Siya: Are you sure?
Muzi: Yebo skhulu, it's a warehouse in the outskirts of town.
His voice echoed in the living room of Lisa's house as he was put on speaker mode. Lisa's heart started to race in joy and panic. She was relieved to know that her husband's whereabouts were found. She was also scared of the outcome. A lot of thoughts ran over her head.

Was he safe? Was he still alive? One thing was clear to her though, her husband had been kidnapped by Lillian. So thoughts of him cheating and being with other women somewhere didn't even invade her mind. She had had a feeling that he was in danger the moment he didn't answer his call. After she had called up Siya and Sanele and told them about his disappearance, they both rushed over in the morning. She felt a little bad for taking them from the comforts of their home. But she needed help finding her husband.

They had tracked his latter movements, and he had gone to the office. They checked the cctv footage, unfortunately his office had no cameras inside and they couldn't see what happened. But also fortunately, the cameras on the corridor captured everything. Lilly was caught taking out a rug out of the building. Personally, she wanted Snakes to fire everyone at that company if they couldn't suspect a woman dragging a carpet by herself.

When she had came to know that Lilly was the culprit, she couldn't believe it. She didn't understand why she would do such a thing. She was just glad that now, they were going to bring him back home.
Sanele: Don't worry, we'll come back with him safely.
Without realising it, she needed that confirmation that her husband would be back safe.
Siya patted her back in a comforting way with a small smile.

Lisa: Thanks guys, and I'm sorr-
Sanele: Don't even finish that sentence.
Siya: He's our brother, we'd do anything for that boy.
Lisa chuckled lightly blinking the tears that wanted to fall. Siya gave her a side hug.
Siya: Don't tell him I called him a boy. He might disfigure my face.
Sanele: Okay come on, let's go.
Sanele kissed Lisa's forehead. She hugged herself as she watched them go.

A text came through her phone. She took it and opened the message from her sister's groupchat.
Mbali: "Are you okay my love?"
Lisa smiled. She breathed out. She was glad that she had people like them in her life.
Betty: " Do you need us there?"
Sino: "We on the way"
Lisa:" I'm fine guys, but thank you. You don't have to come."
She just wanted to wait for her husband with her baby girl. She really did appreciate their support and love but she wanted Snakes to find them only when he got home.

She wanted him to herself. She missed him and couldn't wait to hold him and tell him how much she loved him. She had cried herself to sleep last night, sick and worried about him. Then this morning she finds out, he was kidnapped by his assistant for unknown reasons. She just wanted her husband to her.
Mbali: "Are you sure?"
Sino: "We don't mind sis"
Lisa: "I'll call you guys later. Thank you"
She got out of the groupchat and privately texted Mbali.

Lisa: "Are you okay?"
She felt the need to ask her how she felt. Her big brother was missing and it probably took a toll on her as well.
Mbali: "I'm good, he'll be home soon, I'm not worried much about myself. I can't afford to stress remember. I just hope you okay, I can't imagine what you went through without your husband."
Lisa didn't want to put that much stress on Mbali. So she gave a simple reply;
Lisa: "I'm glad you okay, and I'm also okay now that I know he's coming home."

She locked her phone and put in on the table. Ronnie slept peacefully on the couch. Lisa strode to her little frame and sat next to her. She stroked her hair with a small smile.
Lisa: Daddy's coming home soon baby, when you wake up this time he'll be here okay?
She kissed her forehead and fixed the blanket on her. She got in and snuggled closer to Ronnie.
Lisa: Lord let him be safe.
She laid the on the sofa, her eyelids getting heavy. She really needed the sleep after sleeping in the early hours of the morning.