Insert 87

Leone's pov

Thando: I'll make something to eat, want anything?
She gets up from the chair pushing it back a little so she can go around the table. I nod my head unconsciously, a yawn escaping my lips. Thando disappears to the kitchen, dragging her tired self. I roll my neck side ways to get the stiffness out of it. We've been at it since morning and it's close to midnight.
Before Thando had left yesterday, we had decided on working on the case the following day, and we haven't stopped not once.

I lean back in my chair and throw my head back in exhaustion. Not only is she smart but she's hardworking too. We've covered pretty much a lot of information about half of the men in that cult. What we've been doing is gathering information about each one of the men in the cult, and evidence. Each one of them have their own reason for joining the cult. Specific details about their lives are now on our database. We plan to go after each one of them, separately. That way we can get to the boss easily and accessibly.

Curiosity beats me when I get up and trek to the kitchen to find out what Thando is up to. I haven't been disturbed by my feelings the whole day today and I was glad. But now, that seems to be impossible because just seeing her standing over the stove in my kitchen and looking undeniably sexy, I can't think straight. I sit by the kitchen island, facing her and just watching her.
Thando: Don't be a creep and stare, come help me out.
She side glances at me. I lick my lips and get up from the stool.

Me: I wasn't being a creep, sweetheart. What do you need help with?
Thando flips my previous comment with an eyeroll. She goes to the refrigerator and comes back with a set of peppers on her hands. I raise my eyebrows at her when she sets a wood tray with a knife and the ingredients in front of me. She can't be serious right now.
Me: Love, you can't seriously be assuming what I think you are assuming.
Thando: What? I'm not asking you to make turkey, just chop those for me.

I chuckle, because she's so sassy and it drives me crazy. I grab the blade in my right hand and go for the first thing I see, red pepper. For someone who's never cooked a day in their lives this should be easy, right? Okay.
Thando: You know how to chop up peppers right? Because I mean, if you didn't that would be so dumb, so embarrassing.
She jokes with me, with a little laugh. A sound like a chuckle escapes my lips, but it sounded more like a nervous laugh.
Me: What do you take me for, love?
Thando: Okay, do it then. I'll watch.

I nodded, stretching my back a little and flexing my fingers. I don't think chopping veggies requires flexing. A stupid voice at the back of my head decides to butt in.
Me: Okay, I'm doing it now.
I picked up the materials again. Is it even called the material? Who cares I'm cooking.
The knife flew back a little and came back with a thud cutting the red pepper in half.
I turned to her and smirked, my head nodding because I fucken did it. I feel so stupid for doing that.

Me: Hmm hmm? That's how it supposed to be right?
Thando: No, it's not.
My face fell. I cut the thing in half, done what's next? Thando sighs, her head shaking in disapproval.
Thando: Here, let me show you how it's done cheese boy.
I don't know what that is but I don't like it. I move to the side allowing her to step up and show me how to slice veggies. As dumb as it sounds, and as dumb as I feel I like it. I like that she's here next to me, so I don't mind.

Thando chops the pepper into thin lines first and then into little square shapes. I watch her delicate fingers work so freely and yet firm, like she's used to doing it.
Thando: Okay, now you do it. Easy peasy.
She moves, leaving a gap between us, a gap I don't like so I move closer and close it. Now our sides are touching and rubbing against each other. I take the knife again and attempt to cut the pepper but apparently I suck at this. I hear Thando huff beside me. I turn to look at her, she face palms herself in exasperation. Am I that bad?

Thando: You holding the knife wrong, you only gonna cut yourself at this point. I definitely don't want bloodied food.
Me: Ketchup?
Okay, bad joke. Why did I say that? Fuck the things she makes me do when she looks at me with those dark eyes of hers. My thoughts are cut short when I feel small hands on top of mine, that fire igniting within my skin.
Thando: You hold the knife like this, and-
I don't hear what she says next as she continues to demonstrate. My eyes and my mind focus on one thing which is her.

Her braids are tied into a ponytail on top of her head. Her eyes are focused on our hands that are touching. Her lips are moving, how I want to kiss those lips right now. I find myself gulping in agony. She looks up at me, then she stops talking when she sees that I'm not paying any attention to anything she just said instead staring at her beautiful face. I like how close our faces are to each other. I don't know if I should do it and kiss her. I want to so bad, does she want me to kiss her, fuck does she want to kiss me like I do.

Without realising it, my eyes fall on her lips, so pink and full. My eyes shoot up to her eyes again. My one hand go to her waist and the other on her face. Okay, she doesn't move back or panic, it's a good sign. I lean in close till our noses brush against each other. I can see her closing her eyes in anticipation and it makes me so fucken happy. Her lips are parted and it makes me wonder how it would be like to feel them again my own. I dip my head lower till I feel her breath over my lips.
I almost did it, I was so close, so close. The fire alarm went off.

Thando snapped her eyes open and backed away from me, rushing to the now burnt spaghetti. I cursed under my breath. Why?
Thando: Oh shit! This is not working. I think we should order in.
Me: Uhh, yeah. I'll be uhm in the lounge ordering in.
Fuck I sound so pathetic. Why am I acting like a pussy right now? I leave Thando cleaning up the kitchen and go order in.
Me: I'm ordering pizza, is it alright?
Thando: Yeah, make it meaty please.