Insert 18

Lisa's pov

I hum to the song playing in my head, as I move around in the kitchen. I'm so chirpy this morning for some reason. It may or may not have anything to do with a certain someone I shared a bed with last night. I smiled to myself at the silly thoughts.
Snakes: What got you so happy in the morning?
I jumped startled by his unexpected presence.

He leaned against the kitchen door shirtless. Why is he shirtless? He's not supposed to be shirtless, Betty lives here. My thoughts are disturbed when he clears his throat. I look at him and frown, he jerks his eyebrows up in question.
Me: Why are you naked?
Snakes: Why, are you bothered?
Me: No, why would I be?
I am bothered, very bothered and I'm glad he can't read my thoughts. His smirk grows even more, I don't know what's so amusing about my state, because I'm genuinely confused as to why he's not wearing a shirt.

He walks inside, he doesn't stop until he's in front of me, I can hear my heartbeat drumming at the close proximity and I'm pretty sure he can hear it too. He just looks at me without any words spoken. As if he's searching for something in between my eyes.
Snakes: I can't read thoughts but it's hard for you to hide your emotions from me.
I'm guessing he found what he was looking for because he steps back and walks out of the kitchen leaving an utterly and completely emotional and hormonal wreck that is me.

I watch his back muscles flex along with his walk, his steps as he ascends the stairs, his arm raises up to his head letting his fingers run through his hair. The way his muscles flex along leave my underwear damp and in dire need of being changed. My thoughts are interrupted by little hands tapping on my leg. I look down to see my daughter trying to get up. I lift her up and put her on the kitchen counter.

Me: Good morning sleepy head.
Ronnie: Good morning early bird.
I gasp dramatically, she giggles cutely at my act making me smile. God I love this bundle of joy.
Me: Did you brush your teeth?
I raise my eyebrows in a playful manner but knowing she knows I'm not playing when it comes to her hygiene.
Ronnie: Hmmm.
She gives an adorable little smile and I wiggle my nose with hers with a set of my own goofy smile.

Me: Can you wakey wakey Betty for breakfast?
Ronnie nods and I take her down as she runs out of the kitchen. I have told her a thousand time to not run in the house.
Soon we are all seated around the table eating breakfast. I see Mndeni is not dressed for work today.
Me: You not going to the office today?
I put the bacon in my mouth after and start cutting on the toast bread.
Snakes: I'm taking a week off, I want to help with the wedding.

I don't realise that I was gaping like a fish until little Ronnie put her tiny hand on my chin to close my mouth. I blink and look away from him to Ronnie to see her smiling triumphantly.
Me: Oh, uh okay, but there isn't much to do with the wedding.
Snakes: I don't care, I'll help with whatever there is.
I'm about to tell him there is no need, me and the girls have everything under control but Betty beat me to it.

Betty: Actually, there's something you can do.
I raise my eyebrows at her with a frown on my face. What was she up to now?

***

Me: When you said you had a job for him, I didn't think it involved leaving our kids alone with those men.
Mbali: My son is long dead by now.
Sino: Do you think they okay, we should call to check.
Betty: Ladies, these are your men, you've known these guys for so long now can't-
Mbali: You couldn't be more accurate with that information, which is why we know that our kids are probably dead.

Betty face palms herself in exasperation, I sigh still looking at my phone, he hasn't called yet, and I remember specifically telling him to call me every hour to check on Veronica. Maybe he forgot let me call him.
But my phone is snatched away from me by Betty. I'm about to protest when I see she took all of our phones, oh you little- wait till you have kids, actually wait until you love a man and have a kid with him.

Betty: We came here to shop for Lisa's wedding, we are going to check our dresses and until we find perfect ones we are not leaving nor are we calling those men.
Sino: What if something happens and they can't reach us?
Me: Okay ladies as much as I don't want to admit it, she's right. I'm taking a leap of faith.
Mbali: On a scale of one to ten how much do you love Snakes?
I'm taken by surprise by her question. But my mouth has it's own mind.

Me: There is no scale in the world that can define the love I have for him.
I clasp a hand on my mouth but it seems like they already knew that I was gonna say something total opposite of what my mind was saying. They don't look surprised or shocked just neutral faces which makes me frown.
Mbali: And on a scale of one to ten, how much to trust him with the kids?
I don't think, I don't take time to answer and I don't hesitate.
Me: 0,0001 percent.

Mbali: Okay, that's my reply to your retarded statement earlier.
I slap a hand on her head. She rolls her eyes and sighs defeated. Sino looks like she's about to cry, which makes me want to laugh a little.
Assistant: So, the dress is a no?
Right, we've been standing in the store where they sell bridal dresses along with bridesmaids dresses. We completely forgot about the shop assistant that stood in front of us with a dress.

I smile at her shaking my head, she looks irritated. I would too, we've been at it for over 15 minutes now, and the poor girl has been standing there holding a very hideous dress. She walked away to rummage through other white dresses. I had told the girls to choose their own dresses for the wedding, just in coordination with the theme colors.

The girls had found their dresses but it seemed the bride hadn't. It was frustrating to look at dresses in different stores in this tremendous mall. I was so exhausted and needed some food in my system. I saw that the girls were all tired and hungry.
Me: Rocco Mamas?
They whooed and nodded vigorously.
Mbali: Yesss!
She said in a exasperated tone with her eyes rolling at the back of her head.

I need a dress.