Insert 75

Narrated

Leo stood at the kitchen door with his bulging arms crossed over his broad chest. A proud and satisfied smile on his lips as he stared at his wife feeding Leonardo Jr. It was the most beautiful thing to see his family together and happy. Betty glared at Alex as he swatted the spoon away from his mouth.
Betty: Alex, come on honey open your mouth for mommy okay.
Alex shook his head giggling and showing his two front baby teeth. Betty groaned throwing her head back in frustration.

Leo: You still feeding him that? Told you that kid hates that porridge. Amore you need to feed him something more like pancakes or something.
Betty turned her head to give her husband a lazy exasperated look.
Betty: I can't feed him pancakes, he's two years old Leo.
Leo: Exactly two babies, not one anymore. Plus look, he has four teeth now, I think he can take some pancakes amore.
Alex: Dada!
As soon as Alex's eye landed on his father he called for him.

Leo: Hey buddy, why are you bothering mommy huh?
Alex: Mama!
Betty: Okay Alex, I'll make you pancakes no need to sweet talk me.
Alex giggled at the mention of pancakes. The kid was smart enough to know a few things like the type of food he wanted and didn't want. He knew his mother and his father and his many uncles. His favorite though was Leone.
Betty kinda suspected that Leone fed him some other foods she didn't approve of. The first time she caught him feeding Alex sausage, while he was ten months old.

Leo stood in front of Alex's strap chair and cooed at him. He was so used to it now, to coo and play with his son normally. At first, he acted weirdly, not knowing where to touch him or say to him. He was so afraid of dropping him when he first held him, had to remind himself that he has killed dozen of people, and holding his son wasn't that bad.
Leo: Oof, you so big.
Alex was a chubby child, but it was getting better as he grew up. For an infant, he had been a very big baby. He was still handsome, true to his father's genes.

The boy was growing to be more handsome every day. With his curly jet black hair, his black orbs, and thick eyebrows. He had pink lips, a small nose, and chubby cheeks. He looked like a replica of his father, if there was any doubt that he wasn't Leo's biological son then it was proven wrong the day he was born. He had recently turned two a few weeks ago. Betty was so protective of him, she took the bias of a mother loving her son more than she could ever love her daughter to a whole new level, if she had a daughter she would though.

***

Betty stripped Alex off his dirty stained clothes and threw them into the washing basket before changing his diaper.
Betty: Time for a bath little guy, come on.
Alex grinned at his mother and flailing his thick legs in the air as he laid on his back.
Betty: I know, you loveeeee taking a bath, no idea where you get that from though.
Betty knew she wasn't a fan of bathtubs, and Leo rarely used the thing as well but their son seemed to enjoy it a lot. But to Betty, it could have just meant that babies liked to bath in general.

Alex kept spitting incoherent words out, his baby saliva dripping from his mouth. It was probably the cutest thing ever. Betty had bought a basin big enough to fit in the tub and fit for Alex's big self. It was still dangerous for a toddler to wash up in a big tub like theirs, he could slip and bang his head so it was a no-no for him. Betty picked him up and put him in the basin filled with lukewarm water and a lot of water toys. Alex didn't bathe without his water toys at all. After she had finished bathing him, she wrapped him in a white fluffy and big towel.

Little Alex was now wrapped like a burrito on the bed and getting dried up. Betty took out his clothes and baby oil to lotion him up.
Betty: Look at you all yawny and stuff. Mommy's boy is sleepy huh?
She cooed, unwrapping him and placing kisses on his bare stomach, and blowing raspberries. Alex was so sleepy he couldn't even giggle, he settled for smiling weakly. While his eyes were flattering and his head jerking to the side. Betty chuckled at him.
After she was done lotioning and dressing the now sleeping Alex she tucked him in and left him to sleep it off with a kiss on the forehead.

After Alex had fallen about more than ten times when he started to crawl and it got worse when he started to walk, she made sure to put baby monitors everywhere in the house in case she couldn't reach him and know where he was and when. She took the monitor and left hers and Leo's bedroom, leaving the door ajar. As she was walking to the lounge, picking random toys around the house, that Alex played with everywhere she finally settled down on the couch with a long yawn. She felt tired, her body was in need of a full body massage.

Raising a kid wasn't a joke and one that was hyperactive like Alex was, it was tiring but it was great and heartwarming at the same time. Leo had gone to his office after breakfast with his family. Being a mafia leader and going back and forth now and then between Italy and South Africa was exhausting. But he managed, and it was worth it if he did it for his family, and not just Betty, Alex, and Leone but his whole Italian family that depended on him. But all thanks to his underboss, Diego he was able to run his business smoothly.

After a lot of asking and emotional blackmail, Leone was able to get into the family business and be able to help his brother as well. Leo was and still is against having his little brother in the Mafia business. It was dangerous and he didn't want that for him. But the little man was stubborn and wanted in. At least now, Leone would occasionally pop by in South Africa to visit the family and be gone with his business. The family tree of the Mafia was big and a lot of Capo's were situated everyone doing their job so Leo didn't have to travel much.

Most of his soldiers resided in Italy and some were scattered around the whole globe, just in case he had to go into war. But thankfully, with the African Mafia and Muslim one in alliances, war was rare just a lot of business that brought in a lot of money happening.
Leo closed his laptop and craned his neck to stiffen out the muscles. Leo walked out of this office and approached the lounge where he found his wife sprawled out on the couch with the baby monitor clutched tightly in her hands. He chuckled, taking a blanket and covering her up. He crouched down so he was level-headed with Betty.

Leo's hand reached out to tuck the strands that had fallen from her messy bun and fallen over her eyes. He brought his lips to kiss her forehead. Was it possible to love someone more and more every day as time went by? Because he was madly in love with the African woman sleeping soundly before him. Betty's eyes stirred up and opened.
Leo: Go back to sleep amore, I'll watch over Alex when he wakes up.  He kept his palm on plastered on her cheek and rubbing it with his thumb.
Betty: Are you sure? I could. . . I could just stay up-

Her eyes were closing and opening, sleep was calling for her. Leo didn't know why she was being stubborn because it was obvious she was exhausted.
Leo: Sleep Elizabeth, you tired.
Betty: Maybe I'll just sleep for a few minutes. . . Just a little bit.
She slurred as her eyes shut close and she hugged the monitor close to her chest.
Leo: Yeah, just for a little bit amore, just a little bit. Te Amo.
He whispered, again kissing her forehead and closed eyelids.