Insert 45

Betty's pov

I woke up the following morning with a killer headache. My body was achingly weak from my arms to my legs. I tried to lift my head to look to the other side of the room where Leo's bed was. Thankful that I was alone in the room. I really don't want to give anyone grief, and I'm not even sure if I'm sick and Leo is a very unpredictable man, no telling what he'll do if he sees what I look like right now. I got up with the little energy I had and stumbled to the bathroom. Maybe if I take a shower, I'll feel better. I didn't feel better. After my shower, I looked the same and felt pretty much the same.

The only difference was my hair wasn't as unruly as before, now it was in a messy bun. But everything else was the same. The eyebags under my eyes, the red nose and my blood shot red eyes. I don't get it, I had a good sleep last night. I even dreamt of Leo and I. I'll say that's a pretty good night of sleep. But waking up, I felt anything but. I decided to wear sweatpants and a large shirt. I don't think that the shirt I'm wearing is mine, as I don't own any black shirt. Also it was too big to be mine.

I checked the time and saw that I overslept and breakfast was long overdue for. I sighed, I hoped that Leo wasn't angry that I didn't make breakfast. But I doubt he cared. He probably left for work anyways. And as for Leone, I'm sure he took an apple and left the premises. It still beats me how he knows the whole of this province so well and yet he's not even from here.
I swear the places he has asked me of, I don't even know them. I'm just grateful that he doesn't bring the girls he sleeps with to the house.

I contemplated going downstairs, but after thoroughly thinking about it, I ended up going and due to the lack of energy in my system, I ended on the couch. My eyes felt really droopy and all I wanted was some warmth. I hugged the cushions to my body as I laid on the couch. It was weird to feel this cold when the sun was literally blazing outside. I was sick and I wasn't liking it. I always hated getting sick. For more reasons than one. The snorts to begin with, I just couldn't with blocked noses. It was rather irritating to sniffle all the time.

And oh my god, the way my body got worn out. I always looked like a walking dead. It just hurt everywhere and the headache felt like someone playing drums in my head. But mostly because I always had to take care of myself when I was sick. I nursed myself to health and it was really tiring because now I had to cook myself soups while I couldn't even lift a single bottle of water. I had to tea medicine when all I wanted to do was sleep. So I always ended up forgetting to take medicine. And I'm pretty sure I'll have to nurse my self back to health now too.

Leone was just out of the picture. Then Leo, I honestly don't think a man like him would be capable of taking care of a sick person like me. Not that I didn't think he was incapable of being compassionate or benevolent. He seemed rather the kind to keep to himself and would preferably call a doctor in these situations.

***

So here I was being shaken up softly from my slumber. There was nothing I resented more than being woken up from deep sleep. Or those unexpected naps, the ones where you just sitting on the couch and suddenly doze off into comfortable and sweet sleep. Like right now, I was being woken up from my unexpected sleep, on the couch. I slowly opened my eyes. The first face I saw was Leo's. That man, you couldn't even tell when he was worried or just nonchalant about something with the way he was always so neutral.

Leo: You heating up, what's wrong with you?
I try to sit up but fail miserably due to the pain shooting through my entire body.
Leo: Don't move amore.
Leo crounched down to my level. He sets me back gently, even adjusting the fleece blanket I didn't know I had. I sneezed involuntarily. Embarrassed, I brought the thin blanket to hide my face. I had just sneezed on his face, how rude. I honestly didn't mean to, it was an honest sickly mistake. I'm sure Leo was angry right now. And I was going to test that theory.

Leo: Look at me, Elizabeth.
Me: No.
My no came out so soft and whisper-like. I doubt he even heard me. I honestly didn't know how long I was going to hide behind a blanket. I mean at some point I was to face him.
Leo: Elizabeth-
I lowered the blanket a little to reveal my eyes. I fisted it with my hands, to hide the rest of my face. At least he didn't look angry, like I would know since he was so expressionless.

Leo: Now tell me, what's wrong with you?
I couldn't tell if the question he was asking was out of anger or concern but I went with the latter instead.
Me: I think I'm sick.
Leo: Where does it hurt?
He examined me with his eyes and hands. His palm lingered longer on the side of my head. It was a contrast to how I was feeling right now. My body hurt but when he touched, it felt good and warm. In my daze, I had let the blanket to lower more and revealing my whole face.

Me: Everywhere. It hurts to move, to walk or stand for long.
Leo stroked my hair softly. It was so soothing and relaxing that the action had me closing my eyes involuntarily. I heard him sigh, which snapped my eyes open quickly.
Leo: I'm going to get you a Dr.
I nodded, not really having the energy to ask questions or talk much. Leo, without asking, nor warning, lifted me up gently along with the fleece blanket. I was craddled up in his arms like a baby, as he walked to the stairs with me.

Leo: Rest, I'll make you something to eat.
He said as soon as he laid me on his bed, not on my bed but his. He had tucked me in, again like a baby.
Me: I ate.
I lied and I think he knew I was lying. I literally said I couldn't move any muscles of my body and I was found sleeping on the couch without a blanket. I just didn't want to trouble too much. He was being so sweet and caring, and so gentle too that my own words about him not being able to take care of me got hitched in my throat.

Leo: I'll make you something light to eat. Don't move.
Like I would go anywhere. That's what I wanted to say. But I couldn't say that, firstly it would very mean since he was helping me. And Leo was a scary man in general that insulting him in a way was so terrifying. Leo has certainly been acting weird nowadays. He's so, what's the word? Affectionate. I know he's been too touchy feely towards me from the start. But I thought nothing of it because there was nothing to think about.

Also, my relationship with the man wasn't that awesome initially. He literally bought me, like some painting that's sold at some bidding. As much as I've tried to get over that small factor, I can't. Its not something one forgets just like that. Being sold, especially by your own parents isn't something normal and nonchalant. So, my heart was still bruised. Now the question was, was Leo slowly healing it. Because I wasn't angry at him, if anything I was happy here. His affection always seemed to rub me off the wrong way before but now, it's welcoming and welcomed. I was falling for Leonardo Capone.