Insert 58

Narrated

Leo: Take care of her for me.
Snakes sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose. Looking at his friend, he felt defeated and useless but he knew there was no pursuing him into anything, the man had made up his mind.
Leo: Please, promise me man.
Snakes: Until you come back, I'll take care of Elizabeth.
Leo chuckled, patting his shoulder. He knew chances of him coming back alive from the lion's den were very slim.

Leo: If I come back.
Snakes: When you come back.
He deadpanned matter of factly. Leo saw the sincerity in his eyes as he spoke. He believed in him and it was enough encouragement for him. One thing he was sure about, was that he was going to get his brother out of there, and kill Vladimir. He knew the security was going to be tight especially if he was doing this alone. But all his years of fighting and killing people wasn't just for show. Every time he had to pull that trigger to take a soul, was for him to be prepared for this.

Leo: I'll get going, I don't have much hours left.
Snakes: Don't be a stranger Capone.
Leo smirked and got in his car, speeding to the airport where his jet waited for him. He knew he had little time to execute his plan and he was planning to use it wisely. Once he had settled in his jet, he took out his phone and made a call to his brother in the Mafia and the Underboss of the Capone Mafia.
Diego: Capo.
Leo: Prepare my lair, I'll be there in 5 hours.
He hung up the phone call and put his phone on the table in front of him. He knew that Diego understood him, he didn't have to explain.

As he looked outside of the window, the clouds shielding the blue sky, his thoughts wandered off to the love of his life that he was leaving behind. He wondered whether she was crying for him, he always hated seeing her cry. But a part of him wished that she was heartbroken for him. He knew it was a selfish thing to hope for but he couldn't control how his feelings reacted when it came to her. At least if he knew that she was heartbroken, and crying for him it would confirm that she felt the same way for him.

He cursed under his breath when he came to the realization that he shouldn't have been rude to her. He regretted leaving things bad with her. Initially, the plan was for her to hate him, so she didn't hurt too much when he didn't return but now he wanted her to mourn him. He wanted her to wait for him even if it took years. He didn't want her to forget him, but he knew it was too late to turn back the hands of time. But he was grateful for one thing, the time he had spent with her that night.

He made love to her that night, it felt magical, as if he had never slept with anyone before in his life. Elizabeth, had a way of making the man feel things that he thought he would never feel in his life, things he thought were impossible to feel. He wasn't a man to smile, but just by looking at her, he felt compelled to grin like an iditot. He chuckled and leaned back in his seat as a memory of her came to his thoughts.

Leo laid on his back in his bed, with his arms under his head. He was just staring at the ceiling, deep in thoughts that morning. He didn't even know that someone was watching him, until he turned to sleep on his side. There she was, staring at him, but as soon as his eyes connected with his she closed them. He scrunched his eyebrows together in confusion. Didn't she want to look at him? Why had she quickily closed her eyelids when he turned to look at her.

Elizabeth peered one eye open to see if he was still looking at her, and true to her curiosity he was watching her with a confused expression. She wanted to coo at his cuteness. There was no pretending to be asleep now, she had been caught.
Betty: I was sleeping.
Leo: No, you were not.
The man couldn't understand a simple way to be subtle. But then again, this was Leonardo Capone, nothing was ever subtle with him.

They were so close to each other yet too far from each other. The nightstand in between their beds was the only thing separating them. As they laid down on their sides, just staring at one another Elizabeth found herself smiling.
Leo: Why are you smiling?
Betty: Because you don't understand that I am shy around you. You caught me staring and I feigned sleep. I wasn't really sleeping Leonardo.
He already knew that, he just didn't understand why she needed to explain herself.

Leo: I know. But why are you shy around me?
Betty: I don't know but you have a way to make me feel nervous around you.
She smiled softly at him. He got caught up in her eyes as she smiled. The smile on her face reflected in her eyes. He couldn't stop the smile that crept on his face.
Betty: You smiled.
She exclaimed happily. Leo immediately stopped smiling and cleared his throat.
Betty: You should smile more, you look more handsome.

His thoughts got disturbed by the flight attendant as she asked if he wanted anything to drink.
Leo: Ram, on rocks.
The flight attendant walked away, leaving him to drown in misery.

***

Betty found herself sitting in her old room at Lisa's house. Lisa's husband had fetched her from Leo's house and told her she would be staying with them. She had protested at first, but Snakes had insisted and wasn't going to take no for an answer. In her part as she agreed, she knew she didn't have a choice, she was homeless after all. Accepting the kind offer, they drove to the mansion after fetching Ronnie from kindergarten. She had been ecstatic to see Betty. Betty wasn't in the best mood to reciprocate her energy but she had tried to seem happy.

After they arrived at the mansion, she found herself curled up in bed, with a broken heart.
She didn't understand why it hurt so much. It hurt like nothing she had ever experienced in her life. Suddenly, the door opened and Lisa walked in with a tray of food. She smiled and sat up straight wiping the tears that strolled freely down her face. Lisa looked at her with lot of sympathy.
Betty: Thank you, but you shouldn't have.
Lisa: Look at you, come here.
Just hearing those words leave her mouth, Betty felt the urge to sob out her heart and she did.

She lunged herself in Lisa's arms and cried, sobbing her sore heart out. She was grateful for Lisa as she comforted her, rubbing her back soothingly. After a while Betty calmed down and detached herself from Lisa. She chuckled, wiping the tears that refused to end with the sleeves of her top.
Betty: I'm sorry, now your dress is ruined.
Lisa kept quiet just looking at her. Betty looked down at her hands as she fiddled with them on her lap. The pain was too much for her to handle.

Betty: I don't even know why I'm crying.
She sniffled, chuckling and wiping the tears with a sad smile.
Betty: Am I crying because he made it sound like I was nothing to him and left me all by myself, or are these tears because - because
She couldn't find herself to finish her sentence. She didn't want to admit it to herself, moreover to someone else. Lisa took her hand in a comforting way.
Betty: Because I fell in love with him and I know he doesn't feel the same for me.

Lisa: Oh my love, that man loves you.
Betty sniffled and looked at her friend in sadness. She didn't believe that he did. Because if he did, then he would be here with her and not kicked her out after an amazing night of making love to one another.
Betty: What hurts the most is that I don't regret giving myself to him. I don't love him less, in fact there's no time I would think that I need him more than I do now.
She bit her lip, the pain penetrating her heart