Insert 85

Thando's pov

Lwazi: In the short span of time you have been with this man and so much as happened already?
I sigh and take a big bite of my pizza slice. This is so frustrating, thinking about Leone is frustrating. Why did I even go and get all sentimental with him? Who even does that to a guy they are supposed to hate. I was so in the moment that day that I completely zoned out of my mind and the only thing working was my body. Somehow it craved to be with his. I think I scared him away, hell I think I scared myself away too.

Me: God, it was so sappy Zee. What do I do!?
I groan, putting all of my pizza in my mouth.
This is hopeless. What does Leone think of me now? He probably thinks I'm like one of his hook ups. I don't want to be like those girls and I definitely don't want to be his anything. But it felt so good being close to him like that. His toned torso, and his abs. The tattoos that adorned his body. Stop!
Lwazi: I like sappy, its romantic.
He is so not helping to make this whole thing better or make me feel better.
Me: I don't want romance Lwazi. Definitely not with a man whore like Leone.

Lwazi grins, his eyes gleaming with a very familiar look of mischief. I don't even want to know what he's thinking.
Lwazi: So, Leone huh? Is he South African?
So that's what he picked up from that whole sentence I just blurted out. My brother can be stupid sometimes. He's so dramatic.
Me: He's anything but alright. He's Italian.
I say with less interest in my voice. Lwazi gapes at me with wide eyes. The kind of reaction I was so expecting from him.
Me: Leone Capone, the biggest manwhore. I so hate him, he drives me so mad. He talks a lot like it irritates me.

I huff, feeling myself offloading and off ramping. I don't know but just thinking about Leone riles me up at times.
Me: The man has no filter whatsoever and I just want to smack him across the face sometimes. He keeps calling me love and oh how I hate that phrase because I'm sure as hell he calls every whore on this planet the same. Who does he think he is?
In my rambling, I have eaten about two more slices of pizza. Angry eating is a habit I have accustomed myself to since a young age.

Lwazi: Whoa, Leone sounds rough. But didn't you say he fought seven men just for you? I don't think he's that bad sis.
I go to snap at him for taking his side but nothing comes out. Because he's right, Leone risked his life fighting for me when he didn't have to. And he's still willing to help me put them behind bars even though he doesn't know why I'm doing this much because of mere thugs. I put the half eaten slice of pizza back on the box. Why do I have these mixed emotions when it comes to that man?
Me: He fought six men. I got one of them.

I pout, crossing my arms over my chest. Lwazi laughs shaking his head at me but doesn't say anything about it. My phone rings in my back pocket. My hand pulls it over before answering the unknown number.
Me: Hello?
I try to sit up right when I hear his voice on the other line of the phone, but I fail and almost fall flat on my butt. Almost.
Leone: Hello, love.
It's been a few days without hearing from him. I gotta say, it didn't suck as much.

Me: Leone, where did you get my cellphone number from?
I know I didn't give him my number last. I was actually worried about how he was going to get ahold of me regarding the information when he didn't even have my number. But surprise, the man sure knows how to surprise me nowadays, a lot at that.
Leone: It doesn't matter, we have to meet. I have something to talk to you about.
My interest pikes up at that. Did he perhaps find the information I need.
Me: Okay sure, you can come by my house later. You still know where it is right?

I see Lwazi fangirling over his bed. So dramatic. I hear shuffling on the other side and I think he's gonna agree with me when;
Leone: Better idea, my place. I have something to show you.
I contemplate over what he says. His? I don't know if I can go to his house. Especially not after what happened between us at my house. It's risky, I don't like the sound of it.
Me: I... I don't know Leone, at your house-
Leone: I'll send the address, see you later, love.
Then he hangs up.

Lwazi: I want every little detail that happens at that house by the end of today. Oh, wait maybe tomorrow cause I don't think you'll be able to talk or walk after tonight.
I throw a piece of crumbs at his face but he just picks the fallen crumbs and puts them in his mouth, laughing at me. Leone sent his address some time later. I saved his number.
Me and Zee talk about other stuff till it gets late and the sun sets. I dread going to his house but I know I have to.
Me: Okay, I have to go. See you tomorrow.
I kiss his forehead and gather the box of pizza that I'll throw on my way out.

Lwazi: Use a condom. I'm too handsome to be an uncle.
I turn the doorknob with an irritated huff. If he wasn't hospitalized I would've kicked his balls till they fell off. He's so stupid.
Me: Shut up fuckhead.
I make sure to bang the door once I'm out of his room. A nurse passing by glares at me.
Urgh I hate hospitals. I roll my eyes at her back when I'm sure she can't see me. Once I'm in my car, I set the GPS to take me to Leone's place.

***

Beautiful flats is all I see when I drive through the suburbans of Leone's address. I have been living in South Africa all my life yet, I've never seen these beautiful flats. The GPS tells me I have arrived in my destination and my mouth falls when I see the apartment in front of me. It's so tall and beautiful. It's nothing like how my apartment looks like. I think this one falls under those with penthouses. And I wouldn't be surprised if Leone stayed in a penthouse.

Driving through the gates, a man that looks to be in his late forties gets out of his hut like little crib and walks over to my car. I roll down the window of my car and smile at him. He smiles back at me. I tell him I'm here to see Leone and it seems like he was informed of a guest and lets me drive in. Once I'm in, I park my Polo vivo among the big and sexy cars in the lot. My gray car looks so out of place among these. I ponder about texting Leone that I'm here so he's prepared. But then again, does it matter if I do.

With that I hop off my car and find myself going up the elevator to the penthouse just like I had suspected. I mean, I have seen the Capone's mansion, it didn't take much rocket science to know that Leone Capone would be living luxuriously in a penthouse in the suburbs. The elevator dings and opens. My throat releases a loud squeal and my hands go up to cover my eyes. What the hell!?