Insert 32

Lisa's pov

After the matrimonial ceremony, everyone presided to the reception. To say, it was magnificent. We decided to hold it in one of the huge rooms. A room I didn't know existed till a few days ago, this mansion is a maze. I had to change my dress after we took photos and greeted everyone. The second dress was more lighter and casual than the first one.

Sino: Now, for the first dance of the bride and -
Man: Amigos!
I was starting to pay attention to what my sister, our host was saying when out of nowhere a man barged in through the doors like he owned the place, wailing out greetings. I pretty much know everyone in this room. This was an intimate ceremony, no uninvited guests. It was safe to say I didn't know this stranger. But it seemed that my husband did because turning to look at him out of reflex, he seemed pretty annoyed;

Snakes: Fucken twat!
He cussed under his whiff in what seemed to be annoyance and disbelief. I leaned in closer to the man next to me whispering;
Me: I'm guessing you know the man.
The man had all the attention from the whole room now. As he took very childishly strides towards our table with a certified smirk on his face. He halted right before us, folding his arms. Confident much?

Snakes: Ah, Leone, you late.
Snakes leaned back in his chair, elbow propped on the armrest of his chair. I couldn't see his face, because I was busy observing the man in front of us. Guests started whispering, probably wondering what the hell was going on. The man whose name I believed was Leone spoke again;
Leone: Told you I wouldn't miss your wedding, I uh just got held up.
Snakes: Mhm, yeah you missed it.
Leone, turned his attention to me with a lovely smile on his face.
Leone: This must be the lovely Monalisa, heard quite a lot about you.

I smiled back at him, something about this man was so friendly. I just couldn't help returning the same warm feeling.
Me: Hi, nice to meet you.
Snakes flickered his hand for everyone to continue what they were doing.
Snakes: Couldn't you just come in here as decent as possible
Leone: Well yeah, but then that would be boring and I wouldn't have all the attention.
Leone mockingly smiled at Snakes who shook his head, scoffing in disbelief.

Snakes: Well then, meet my wife, off limits.
Leone took my hand kissing the back of it, earning a glare from Snakes but it didn't faze him at all.
Leone: Leone Capone, nice to meet you too.
Me, I nodded sending him a small smile, which he returned with a grin. He was charming to be exact. Sino announced the dance and the music started to play. People stood up dancing with their partners.

Leone: I am going to go get some African goddesses, if you would excuse me-
Leone bro shook Snakes' hand and turned to wink at me.
Leone: Gattina (kitten)
Then he was gone. Ah what a wonderful soul. I nodded to myself earning a nudge. I turned to face the man next to me with a questionable look.
Me: What was that for?
Snakes: Stop thinking about him.
Me: Who said I was thinking about him, anyway he is an interesting man so who-
Snakes: Monalisa!

He whisper yelled grabbing my hand in his large hard one. I looked at our hands then back at him with a raised brow.
Me: Caveman much?
He scoffed taking a napkin from the table, he actually wiped my hand with it. I looked at him incredulously.
Me: Wha-what are you doing?
He took my hand bringing it to his lips, he placed a soft kiss on it.

My demeanor wavering from shock to flattery. I couldn't stop the smile trying to appear on my face.
Snakes: A dance Mrs Zikalala?
My smile couldn't grow more than before. I nodded following his lead as he pulled me up from my seat. Standing in the center of the room, I placed my hands on his broad chest while he placed his on my waist. Then the song changed. I looked up at him to see him already smiling down at me.

Snakes: Hey, why you crying?
He placed his large palm on my cheek, wiping the fallen tear. I shook my head, a small laugh escaped my lips. I couldn't believe that he remembered this song. This was the song we danced to three years back, before things fell apart between us that night.
Me: You remembered.
Snakes: if I could be honest here in this moment, I've been so nervous, to stand here with you. They all here for us, I feel their aura but just for a moment, I'll be pretend it's just you. Yes they can hear but they don't understand I have said all my vows behind the curtain. I know they see us but they don't stand a chance, I have kissed those lips a thousand times before this.

Me: When did you learn how to sing?
My throat clogged with cries wanting to escape. How could he sing to me like that and not expect me to cry? The song went on as we swayed to it. I rested my head on his chest, my arms wrapping themselves securely around him. I felt his arms go around my body too.
Snakes: I'm the luckiest man alive.

Tomorrow I'll open my eyes and I will whisper to my wife, I belong to you.

And I will wait to hear you say, as a tear rolls down your face, I belong to you.

I'm the luckiest one alive.