Hybrids 1.1

My name is Ela, I'm 18 years old and currently trying to convince my parents not to adopt a hybrid. Yes you heard me well, not adopt one. Hybrids are half human, half animals. Don't misunderstand me I'm not part of the anti-hybrid faction. Those bastards should just disappear from this world for being so cruel and senseless.

Due to my health, I have some annoying disease that asks for someone to be always with me. I can't be left alone or my heartbeat goes up and up and up. A heart attack could happen, severe anxiety or panic attacks along with a lovely depression.

I was fine until now, because my parents were always with me or I have friends at school named Jennie, Lisa, Jisoo and Rose who know very well about my condition. However, my parents are going to be muted abroad for a few months in exactly three months. I didn't mind it, we had the money to live comfortably for the rest our lives. I wasn't a great spender and that annoyed my parents a little. I liked to be quite restrained. I also had a bad character, not the spoiled one but even with my condition I was a damn introvert. I loved my bed, my books, music and that was it. I didn't like people that much. That's the reason why adopting a hybrid was a big no, no to me. If that damn doctor hadn't proposed it to my parents, nothing of the sort would have happened.

-"Come on, Ela. It couldn't be that bad" my dad nudged my shoulder, I was his favorite daughter after all. He spoiled me and I had to spend at least 1000$ a month for him to be content. Usually, I donated at least three quarters of the money to association and kept the rest for eating outside with my friends or for school stuff I might want or need.

-"You know I don't hate hybrid, dad. I'm just not that friendly of a person" I said to him. "I don't want to be a...bad person to him" I couldn't say the b-word in front of my parents. I would be grounded for at least a week. Grounded meaning, I had to stay by their side the whole time. I liked a little bit of freedom, even though it was never really granted.

-"How many do you want?" my mom asked as we made our way to the shelter. I looked over at her, she wanted me to at least have four of them. All older, male for protection.

-"One" I said

-"Three" My mom countered and I was about to negotiate when my dad said one of the most unexpected things on the planet.

-"7 and no less" my dad said making both me and my mom turn to him

-"You're kidding me right?" I said in disbelief

-"I already selected them anyway" he shrugged

-"And if I don't like them?" I challenged him

-"I know you will" he simply answered as he pushed the door of the hybrid shelter "Sunny and Dylan" being the owner names probably.

I huffed at his assurance. For me to like people was really rare. It was almost impossible to be truthful. The shelter was full of people, adopters, doctors, nurses and volunteers. I relaxed at the amount of people that were there. I really liked crowded places. I didn't have to worry about the world there, nobody notices a teenager in natural clothes and headphone on writing ideas on a notebook or just simply watching. I was soon taken by the by my mom who headed towards the receptionist probably.

-"Hello, mister Wang" my mom greeted happily. Had they already meet? My dad also greeted him warmly.

-"Hello, madam. It's nice to see you and your husband" he genuinely smiled "I'm glad you finally decided to take your daughter here."

I raised an eyebrow at him and then at my mom. It was planned. They tricked me. They had already chosen for me.

-"Can we just go now?" I said emotionlessly not even greeting the man

-"You don't want to meet your hybrids?" he asked quite surprised

I only stared at him. He looked back at me. This guy was definitely the annoying me. Before I could even say anything, my mom and my dad agreed quickly and handed me over to that man while they completed the paper. I looked at them hopefully, but they were just chatting away with each other. I rolled my eyes and then noticed the guy examining me.

-"Do you hate hybrids?" he asked, seriously

-"No, I hate you." I answered back

-"I see" he said not even surprised at my comments "The hybrids you are going to adopt are level 5. Let us go" he started to walk but I just stopped

-"You're kidding me right?" I asked as I looked back at my parents "No, No, No! I'm not adopting lethal hybrids" I said stepping back

-"No your parents are, now come on" he smiled as he had destabilized me.

Hybrids were categorized in 5 level: harmless to lethal. Level 5 being the most dangerous one of course. My parents definitely were crazy. Level 5 couldn't go out without electrical collars on, I had to have a remote on me all the time to give them an electrical shock if they decided to attack me. I knew a lot about hybrids, and I knew that I couldn't take a Level 5, let alone seven of them. I ran towards the guy's side and we went into another corridor, deeper and deeper into the shelter. Then we arrived in front of protected doors.

-"You'll be having: a snow fox, a white tiger, a wolf, a panther, a wild dog, a white cat and a bunny." He listed them all "Don't misunderstand, the bunny has been under some bad influence and is the most dangerous out of all of them. The panther is also to be wary of, the wolf is very protective. Don't expect a single word from the wild dog. The snow fox is...well. Not nice. The tiger is and the cat are the most sociable one, meaning they speak, they fight, and they defend the others. They were under some bad owner before, all of them." He explained and I went white at all that explanation.

-"I'm a heart patient" I simply said and he widened his eyes "I was told to adopt hybrids to bring me a safety feeling." I mumbled

-"Oh" he simply said but he was clearly conflicted "We can always ch-"

-"You were so happy to drag a cranky teenager to level 5 hybrids, don't try to escape it now" I glared at him

"Let's just go"