Hybrid 7.3 : Sharing a burden.

"Kids wake up." Mira called out

It had been two weeks now that I arrived into Mira's house. Jungkook never came back. At least not when I was awake. Soobin told me he came several time late at night to watch me sleep and to force him out of my bed with a threatening growl.

"I sleep like a baby." I remarked nervously

"Like a damn log." Yeonjun groaned

"You don't mind it that much when you cuddle next to her should I say." Mira retorted

Yeonjun flushed and I couldn't help but laugh. It was the first time I laughed in...in a very long time. Soobin was quick to embrace me and make me twirl in the air as he laughed too and his wide puppy smile made me grin even more. I got along with Soobin and Yeonjun more than enough. I could walk short distances now and Yeonjun was somehow always here to catch me when I stumbled or wobbled on my feet. 

Mira was like...the grandma I never had. 

So she let me call her just that when I revealed that fact to her.

"Grandma, can I try and go to the beach today?" I asked

I also learned to talk more freely. However, I felt barely safe with Soobin, Yeonjun and Mira. Whenever, someone came to visit I would go to the room Mira gave me. Fearing I would be sent out again, and each time relief washed over me when Soobin came to tell me I could try and go down the stairs by myself. So far, I hadn't managed far, but I was trying hard.

"Let's wait until next week for that Melody." Mira warmly said brushing a hair strand behind my ear

"You're going back on the field next week." I remarked to Yeonjun

His bullet wound was healed and it was time to him to be on duty again. Soobin would stay an additional week and I would stay with Mira for the time being. I hadn't tried enquiring to much about my situation. Being sent back to the city clearly not the idea I had of freedom.

"In fact I'm staying another week and Soobin and I will go back at the same time." Yeonjun wondered playfully as if he didn't care

I smiled ear to ear and he gave me a side hug as I kept asking him if that was true. Warmth. Warmth and Affection.

We were watching an old movie from Mira's collection when a particular buzz was heard. Soobin right away shut down the TV and everyone stood still as Mira wandered off to another room. I realized that I shouldn't talk and unconsciously scooted closer to Yeonjun. I was now used to have my eyes opened up again and the sudden darkness scared me off.

"J is hurt. Buller wound on the side. Bullet is still inside. Hope and Suga are taking him back to Delta. I repeat Delta be ready for J."

There was a few moment of silence, but Yeonjun was quick to scoop me up after a string of curse left his mouth. Close behind him Mira gave me a reassuring smile.

"Listen, child. Stay inside your room. Until Soobin or Yeonjun comes to fetch you don't come out." Mira whispered

"Okay, Grandma." I softly said

I remained in the room alone as Soobin locked the door promising to be quick and telling me to sleep. Soobin felt a little bit like an elder brother now that I was thinking about it. The sound of a car, door slamming as hurried steps entering the house had my anxiety skyrocket. Yet, I was safe in Mira's house. 

I knew I would be. 

I hoped I would be. 

A heavy snarl had my breath stuck in my throat: pain and aggressive behavior were however clear. I remained there in the dark holding myself while snarls erupted ever so often.