Hybrid 10.5: Understanding feelings

Yeonjun doesn't know what she is thinking. 

He looks at his best friend and he knows how much he fucked up. 

When she turns away from his eyes, something she never did before, Yeonjun frowns. The scent of vanilla sours into the air and Yeonjun realizes that it's not just his mistake that is going to threaten his relationship with Elina.

"She's hiding something." Soobin whispers his tears dried as well

"I know." Yeonjun focuses his eyes on Changbin who analyzes the behavior of the girl beside him

A girl that Yeonjun knows he has strong feelings for. Yeonjun will be forever grateful to Elina and forever protective of her.

He grew up with the girl who defended hybrids against anything and every attacks. He had been himself protected by her. She earned a small scar on her hips because of that story and since that day he always promised himself that he would protect her no matter what.

"I'll be protecting you soon" he promises

"I'll be waiting for that day Yeon. You don't have to rush though. I like protecting you." The girl with two pigtails pouted

He squished her cheeks as she was that cute pouting and he felt the vanilla scent sweeten just how he liked it as a fake furious expression adorned her face.

"I also want to talk to her." Soobin squeezes Yeonjun's hand

Soobin had always been a shy person. Someone that didn't dare going out that much nor partied that much. He liked being inside, enjoying a good movie or a good book. He didn't have much friends except Taehyun and Beomgyu. 

He had been friends with Beomgyu for a while now. He still remembers the feisty duo he met a few days after starting high school.

Soobin was walking through the main corridor reaching his locker. No one paid attention to him especially and with his hood on, he just looked like a nerd. 

He opened his locker and a sweet Applewood scent reached his nose. He had scented it the first time, but it was extra strong and extra sweet.

"YEONJUN! YOU ASS!" he heard a high pitched scream

"I DIDN'T DO ANYTHING"

Soobin watched the male panther try to cover away from the human looking at him furiously. The reactions around them were diverse. 

Some rolled their eyes and watched with amusement, obviously knowing the duo, while other hybrids watch with interest also looking around.

"You put a spider in my locker didn't you? KNOWING THAT I AM SCARED OF SPIDERS!" her voice is high and the distressed vanilla scent is clear

But she isn't really angry.

"I'm going to make panther steak tonight." She points to him

If she wasn't dressed with a rabbit hoodie and a cute long flowy black skirt, she might have looked threatening. Might have. Soobin can't help but grin.

"See even he is laughing." Yeonjun says after a few bickers hiding behind Soobin

"Don't hide!"