Hybrid 8.4: Progress

Hours later, Chaeyoung and Cassano had been searching about the group who tried to attack and remained in the loft above the OAH2 office. Owning a few other bodyguards, the four hybrids had decided to come back to the house. Hoseok stood by Jungkook's side silently watching over the youngest. 

Jungkook hadn't spoken a sentence since he made his report to their boss. Jin was driving the Range Rover silently glancing from time to time in the rear mirror to see Jungkook looking back at him.

"She's fine Jungkook. She's with Jimin, Taehyung and Yoongi. I can't see other people that will keep her safer."

His words had no effect, but Jin refused to let the younger blame himself for nothing. He had gotten around the human girl and cooked dinner with her several times alongside Anna. 

They got along fairly well and he had gotten used to her presence and her scent within the house. Her bickering with Jungkook had him smile more than once. 

He remembered getting into her room late at night and watching over her. Cuddled from both sides by Taehyung and Jimin, he had watched her sleep. 

Like a creep. 

But the sound of her heart beating, her breath slowing down when she fell into a deep sleep. He had caught Hoseok and Namjoon to do the same. Yoongi had spent sometimes with her and Jungkook. In effect, the seven hybrids had gotten closer to the girl and the simple idea of someone thinking of hurting her was more than irking them.

"We're here. We shall make some dinner Hyung. Eli skipped lunch." Hoseok spoke

A panther welcoming them had Jungkook still at the relaxed state of the male. To their surprise, Jungkook went to shower and changed himself before coming down and starting to cook.

"Go change Hyung." He ushered the older ones "I'll cook."

"But Jun-"

"No Hyung. If I go to her now, I'm going to mark her. I need...space. The space is saturated with her scent so I'll be fine." He mumbled

All of them looked at him and realized that they probably ought to do the same. Busying themselves, Anna watched them carefully. Cassano had told her to be careful with the hybrids. 

His daughter was the priority, if her wishes weren't respected she had the right to act. Anna wasn't the powerless old woman she seemed to be. Seeing the abuse on the girl's body made her blood boil. 

She didn't understand why people like Ray were alive. 

She would watch over her.

Protect her.

Kill if necessary.

Opening my eyes, I glanced outside. Meeting eyes with Jin who smiled softly, I smiled back gently. Starting to stir, Jimin was the first to groan as he tightened his hold on me. My stomach growling had me blushing and the men in the room exploding into laughter. 

Ashamed I tried scrambling away, but when a tiger held onto you, it was more difficult to do. Taehyung slowly loosened his grip and smiled as the girl put her feet on the ground.

"Whoa...I'm going to kill Cha." I mumbled

"He made you rest. Like your body needs too." Jin said with a smile "Jungkook made dinner."

"Jungkook can cook?" I wondered surprised

"He rarely does, because he's always busy watching over a certain someone." Yoongi's mocking voice said as he appeared in the entrance of the room

"I'm not a child." I grimaced

"Sure, cub." Yoongi smiled "Jimin, go put something on. You too Tae. Eli-"