Mafia 2.1 : Hard life

"I'm here." I announce to no one in particular

As always, the apartment is dark and lonely and only the sound of moans and grunts escape the room at the end of the corridor. I stretch unsurprised as I head towards the kitchen, reaching out to my earbuds. My mother wasn't an escort. 

She was an average businesswoman with an amazing sex drive. I inherited a lot from her body speaking. Her curves, her blond hair and her gem like eyes which changed color with the weather.

My life wasn't always like this. When I was a child, we were all a happy living family. A family that broke down the day my mother cheated on my father with his boss. An affair that created a divorce.

 As children, we didn't have much of a choice. My brother and I were separated. He went with my father and I went with my mother. I remember that we promised each other that we'll see each other again. 

Nevertheless, it had been ten long years since we last saw each other. I was now 20 years old and taking courses at University. My mother didn't make nearly enough money so I had to find a job. A job that paid enough to feed me and get me to college. My phone rang and I read the text.

'Finder. Find me everything you can on this guy. 5000$'

I sigh seeing the notification and eye the black laptop laying in the corner of my room. A hacker. That was my side job. I worked for the underworld and it paid extraordinary well. My cousin was the one getting me insight of what happened on the other side of the ground. 

GD or Jinyeong was one of the famous Mafia head, leader of the Big Bang clan. He needed a hacker and I fitted his criteria as he had his old hacker teach me the ropes of the job. 

I don't know what happened to the said man, but I wouldn't dare asking.

Opening the laptop, I flow through the dark net and get information of the said bald man looking like a mafia guy all the same. I find everything to the size of his shoes to his least favorite secret. 

It is easy to fly around the system when you get all the keys. It is similar to a game. A game I enjoy playing. I game I excel at. An hour later, the payment is transferred.

'Good job.'

Some might ask why I decided to do this kind of job. A decision that was hard to make, but I wanted something else than just money. 

It all started when I saw my brother and a bunch of guy enter a club. I was so desperate at the time, unable to put up with the beating of my brother and the pressure of finding money. 

When I saw him, my whole world lightened. I recognized him right away. He had a clean undercut, his black hair longer than in my memory. His pale skin was his identity. His body had changed as he had been more packed than I remembered him ever be when I last saw him when he was 16. 

I had run after him and that's when my cousin caught me. He offered me the money I needed so much against me getting information on my brother. I had no choice but to accept.

Another ding.

'Job offer from Bangtan, find information on this man, Shownu. Payment: 25 000$ if the information is deemed valuable' Jinyeong texted

I widened my eyes reading information on the price again and again. Shownu was a well-known man. Shipment done greatly and everything. Bangtan was even more famous than he was. In fact, Bangtan were the leaders of the underworld. 

The mafia kings. 

I had gotten some jobs from them and rarely any money as they didn't see my information as valuable.