Hybrid 7.1: Fear

My name is Melody. 

Melody Thompson. 

I am human. 

Living in a society where humans are considered as an inferior race has always been hard. Despite the news constantly informing us that we were considered as equals to hybrids: the gap was always as clear as a day. It had been two decades now since the Hybrids Uprising. They weren't considered as pets or slaves and controlled the world. Humans were massively killed and could only get lower ranking jobs or jobs who had nothing to do with politics whatsoever.

"Useless kid!"

A sharp pain bloomed in my side as I curled into a ball even more. My adoptive parents were famous. Famous for having business in the pharmaceutical industry. I had been adopted when I was a child from a rundown orphanage and since then it had become hell. I was taught etiquettes, arithmetic, literature and how to eat and behave like a real lady. I was the perfect child: yet never perfect enough. I never was praised. The affection I hoped to receive as a child completely void.

"I can't believe this." My step mother screamed "You were useless enough and now this! THIS!"

Another sharp kick in my stomach had me coughing up for air. I was 18 at the time, when my symptoms of Emotions Transparency developed. E.T. was a disease that only a weak percentage of the population got and it was only developing in human people.

"We have no use for her anymore, dear. Her white eyes already disgust me."

White. Color of terror.

"I heard that they might need some helping female hands in the south. I have some debt with a famous terrorist there. Let's send her there." The cruel laugh of my step parents had chills run down my spine.

Beaten to a pulp, in the huge mansion they owned and without the help of the maids, I wouldn't be able to do anything. I didn't want to complain: because compared to other orphan children, I was still lucky: I had had a roof over my head for several years and food when I behaved to their licking. For instance, as their puppet doll, they could show off everywhere.

"Let's do that." My step mother continued laughing "Marco! Tie her up and put her in the car! Now."

The muscled bodyguard of the Thompson family was like me: he was just their puppet and acted perfectly as such. Reporting my every move and mistakes to my step parents, he had been in charge of punishing me when I didn't behave to perfection. I hated him and he didn't hesitate to tighten the rope so that the blood stopped running in my hands.

"I love that white in your eyes." he whispered in my ear

"Back off." I croaked

The pain flaming in my side as he pushed his feet on it intently had me scream.

"What a beautiful color for pain: brown. Undetected. Perfect." He chuckled cruelly

I didn't have the strength to retort or fight back at the time.

That's when I knew that worse than hell existed. I was transported like a vulgar animal to a foreign country where I could barely understand anything. There, psycho human terrorist were trying to take over the hybrid regime in place. 

However, Hybrids were stronger and quicker than humans. That didn't discourage them far from it, they thought that suicide missions where the way of it. They sent human children in the middle of town: brainwashed and screaming over the unfairness between humans and hybrids. Then made the kids...explode. 

It was horrible. 

Terrifying and yet I could do nothing.

Once arrived in the camp of the terrorist group, I was considered as a witch so my eyes were bandaged. A black cloth preventing me from seeing anything. E.T. had no cure, but that was another way of dealing with it. I was treated like a slave: I could see, but was forbidden to take the blind off. I had to relearn everything from the start and the way of teaching were far from soft. Pushing me around, scolding me, beating me up and starving me. Anya was the sole person who took minimal care of me: giving me a slice of dry bread during the days where I was starved. Kindness had not disappeared from the world after all.