Mafia 2.6: A new life

I look at the door. Park Jimin is standing there, looking like he didn't sustain the slightest injury. His hands are bandaged and I know it is because of me. I keep my eyes on him as everyone walks out. He lays on the bed beside me. I don't move an inch closer to him.

"I know that you are angry." Jimin spoke first

"Leave." I growled

"Melody. You are not there anymore." Jimin said

"I'll just kill you myself." I spat as I managed to straddle him somehow and put my hands around his neck.

He didn't move at all. He was quiet and let me squeeze. I felt the tears blur my eyes. I had fallen in love with that man at one point and I had tried to kill him more than once in the last twenty four hours. I let him go and he coughed but didn't really move. I remained there looking at him.

"What would death bring to you?" Jimin asked his voice hoarse

"Your death?" I asked

"Yes." He hummed

I didn't know how to answer his question. I remembered the torturous night, where my father would repeat at it was their fault that I had been like this. That they were the reason of my excruciating pain. Jimin sat up and brought his hand slowly to my cheeks.

"Oh, Mel, what did that monster do to you?" he whispered as he brought our forehead together

I felt the tears run down my cheek. I had experienced so much. I dragged myself off Jimin and I saw my brother step back inside the room.

"Why didn't you come for me?" I whispered

Yoongi's eyes flashed with guilt as he came closer and embraced me.

"Things happened and he...he put problems in our way one after the other. I couldn't find you as he took the necklace and sent it on the other side of the globe." He added "I'm sorry Melody."

I put my arms around him and cried. I sobbed on my brother's shoulder in silence. I felt Jimin hold me from the back and I could feel my shoulder getting wet. It was hard, to break past what happened two years ago. 

To see that they had searched for me. I remember my laptop getting hacked and I remember that each time it was smashed to pieces and I was taken to that room. That torture room. I felt entirely drained of my energy.

"What happens now?" I asked my brother "I can't walk anymore. I can barely get around by myself and-"

"We will quit the mafia world. I and Jimin." Yoongi spoke

I widened my eyes slightly hearing that. Jimin was one of the best hacker there was out there and Yoongi was probably the best planner. I learned later on that he was the one who planned the charity event and lured our father out.

"Wait, wait, wait..." I said raising my hands to stop Yoongi "You are well known around the mafia world and so is Jimin."

"We're going to go to another location. I already readied everything." Yoongi answered "We'll also get regular jobs along with 20 % of what Bangtan makes per year."

The percentage was high. I knew for sure that Bangtan were billionaires if not more. But still it looked too good to be true. I mean. Why would they leave everything? Was that another trick from Namjoon? I was really confused.

However, it really did happen. Jungkook and the others helped us plan everything. My father would be taken care of by Taehyung and Hoseok. Hoseok had been the main hacker of the band before Jimin. Yoongi had been chosen as the planner because he was good at everything, but Namjoon was more than able to fulfill that role.