Fantasy 1.4: Ela's harsh decision

Felix agreed with a nod, until his eyes focused on something and he widened them. He took his phone slowly out of his pocket as Ela narrowed her eyes at him. Felix tapped a number.

"Hello? Leader of the DC? I'm at the fare down the street right now. I spotted a primordial sir." Ela widened her eyes before looking at the crowd "The place is full sir. No he didn't notice us yet. I'm with Jung Ela sir. Yes."

Felix handed her the phone and Ela glanced at the crowd before noticing the demon. She didn't even try entering his mind. He looked normal on the outside but his soul looked incredibly dark. She was surprised Felix had spotted him, but he was training his tracking skills.

Namjoon: Ela?

Her: It is one. I don't know if he's a Prim or an Arch, but he's not a second rate. And...he's not alone.

Namjoon: Care to develop

Her: I can feel about 7 second rates 10 km away from our position. Waiting.

Namjoon: Listen to me Ela. You go back to the gate of the fare with a less-

Her: He spotted me.

Ela hung up knowing well that the demon locked eyes with her for a moment. She hadn't kept her eyes on him, but on the ferry wheel. Felix stiffened. 

Why? 

Higher ranks demon fed on Pacifier: they were the favorite snack of theirs. If they were girls, rape was to be included in the bonus. Ela kept her smile and glanced at Felix hiding her growing panic.

"Let's go get that ice cream. Jihyo and Han must be waiting"

She stood up and extended her hands to him. He nodded with a forced smile and they began wandering towards the ice cream stand. Ela was slowing them down pointing to several attraction. 

Laughing. 

Rambling. 

Felix sensed the primordial getting closer and so did Ela as she traced his energy. To know she was a Pacifier, he had to touch her.

"Ah you guys-"Jihyo started embarrassed

"Jihyo, run." Ela gritted

"What-"Han started as Felix grabbed the ice cream

"There's a probably a primordial here." Their friends tensed

They began running and Felix had to sweep Ela of her feet. The dark aura seemed to follow them but at a slow pace like it was hunting them.

In the meantime, the DC was having a crisis. A primordial or even an Archdemon in the middle was definitely not a good news especially when it was in the middle of the city. Namjoon glanced at his phone and cursed. 

He just called Hoseok to tell him to take care of the secondary demons with Taehyung, Jungkook and Jimin. In the HQ, only he and Jin would be left. When Jisung came to inquire about the situation, Namjoon took a deep breath in.

"Ela and her friends went to the fair and spotted a dark aura. Felix thinks it was a primordial. He spotted Ela and has been following them." Namjoon announced

"Freshmen are not capable of beating a primordial or worse an Arch." Jisung seethed banging his fist on the table "Yoongi is already gone so I will follow him to help. Is Jimin or Hoseok aware of that?" Jisung asked

"I didn't tell them." Namjoon clenched his fist "There are seven secondary demons on the outskirt I sent Jungkook, Taehyung and the two others to take care of them."

Jisung looked at the leader of the DC. It wasn't a bad decision and he was almost sure that Jimin was too far away to really feel the link. However, if the demon was to catch Ela it was another story.