College 2.1: Meeting and feelings

University wasn't the path you had chosen to begin with. In fact, it wasn't in your plans at all. Going to preparatory school, then passing the exams with flying colors and then getting into an average to good engineering school to finally graduate. 

However, everything didn't happened as planned and you were now taking another class one month after the beginning of University.

"Morning!" Nathan greeted as he plopped down beside you on the first row

Side hugging you, you grinned to the male while taking your headphones off.

"Morning Nathan, how are you?" you greeted in a softer voice

"Sleepy." He said putting his forehead on the table.

"Me too." You answered

It was the usual conversations we had every morning. You lived with your parents in the countryside and had to leave earlier. Meaning you took the train for 25 min, then the tramway for 15 min and walked to the amphitheater you had the class in.

You had no friends when you arrived in University. Fortunately enough, you didn't have to repeat a year as preparatory classes make you ready for any scientific formations. 

Moreover, a lot of people were new in Year 3 of the Chemistry Major. Nathan sat on the first row with you on the first day. With time, and some awkwardness on the first hand, you finally talked and became friends. Then

"MORNING PEOPLE! You must listen to what happened to me yesterday-"Amelia greeted loudly

You didn't miss the small roll of the eyes of Nathan as he greeted the cheery girl back. Amelia was a firecracker and a hypersensitive person. Always listening to others and great at speaking for a long time, something you greatly admired.

"Morning Mel" You greeted her with her nickname as she plopped down next to Nathan

"Morning El" she greeted "I saw you roll your eyes boy" she narrowed her eyes at Nathan

The two of them were pros at bickering and understanding each other sometime. Amelia was well aware that her way of talking all the time bothered Nathan sometimes, but she didn't mind it as long as someone listened to her. That someone being me: because you liked listening to her stories and unfortunate adventures as miserable as they sounded.

"What happened?" You asked grinning as Nathan was surely curious as well

"What happened again?" Nathan accentuated as you playfully poked at his side

"Stop annoying her" You ushered him

"I burnt my boiling pot. Or like I melted the thing." She announced defeated

Amelia was a big fan of tea. Always having her tumbler in hand, which didn't miss again today, she sighed. In fact, she had forgot that her induction plate was on and let the boiling pot resting there. Out of habit you supposed.

"Clumsy." Nathan sighed "I have a spare one at my flat."

"I also have one from last year" you offered

She shook her head and with puppy eyes asked us to go shopping with her later in the afternoon. Nathan accepted as you grimaced for a second before nodding. You didn't mind shopping, but the problem was well beyond that.

"It'll be fine." Nathan promised as Amelia nodded

You nodded and got your pens and pencils out as well as the folder of paper from your bag. With time, another few people arrived and you had quite fun greeting them all exchanging small hand greetings or hugs.