Hybrid 5.3 : Jimin

After that time, we never saw Taehyung again. Emilia had changed hybrid for a sophisticated bird that she paraded in front of everyone like usual. The days went by and Eliot signed a permanent contract with Joy at the end. Joy was overwhelmed by it while Eliot was just as red as a tomato like he just proposed to her. He loved her. I could see it and Yoongi was agreeing with me. Three months passed and a careful routine was set up. Yoongi would study with me and make me focus on important things. My grades improved even more to my parents' delight and they accepted Yoongi more and more into the family. We cuddled together every night and he even got used to see me naked. I was just stepping out of the shower like usual and he didn't flinch or react in anyway the first time despite his tail urgent moving. My parents had planned a new trip and my mom was about to go buy some things when her phone rang with Linda written on it. I spied on their conversation thanks to Yoongi.

"A new hybrid?" I asked him

"Yeah" his expression was grim

"You know I won't replace you." I poked his forehead

"I know. I won't leave you anyway." His voice was determined and he dragged me to his chest

I leaned my back against his chest as he curled around me. He did so often and I liked the feeling of being protected and safe.

My mom came by and explained that it would be possible for me to get a new hybrid. Plus Yoongi. Getting several hybrids wasn't rare, but it was quite the responsibility. I was nothing but a young adult. I was already a millionaire because I did good investments and rented a few buildings but I didn't want to do it if Yoongi was against it.

"It's a special case." My mother said "It's another special breed"

I glanced at Yoongi who again didn't react and I groaned unsure.

"Well, we can go and see him at least." I decided and Yoongi's hold on me didn't tighten which was good sign.

The ride was silent as Yoongi was the one driving and holding my hand to change the brake and making sure he had his scent everywhere on me. Basically it was like showing the world of hybrids that I was his. We arrived in front of the shelter to be greeted by a very exhausted looking Linda. She had huge dark circles under her eyes.

"He is a code red too. A snow panther." She explained as she walked towards an isolated room

I could tell Yoongi didn't feel really comfortable here so I squeezed my hand around his getting his attention back to focus on me.

"I'm here to see if it matches our energy. If it doesn't, I won't adopt him." I warned Linda

The room was dark as there were no windows and even I shivered inside the room. I couldn't see anything until blinding lights were switched on and I blinked a couple of time. A snow panther was in the corner of the room looking out of the world. His eyes held no emotion. Not a single emotion. It was like he was not really there. He didn't even react when I stepped towards him with Yoongi.

"He...didn't react. He doesn't eat. He didn't switch." Linda said "He's been here for two days and yet he doesn't move from this corner. He doesn't resist us, it's like..."

She didn't end her sentence, but I understood what she was telling me. He was basically asking for death. Yoongi kneeled in front of him, but he didn't react to the predator in front of him. I put a collar around him and smiled sadly.

"He's going to be put down if I don't take him right?" I whispered and Linda nodded sadly "Yoongi"

"It is fine. Whatever you decide. I'm your first panther anyway." He said with a grin