Hybrid 7.13: Meeting again (1)

"I'm angry." I had just opened my eyes

I recognized the ceiling of the Jade pack house and lowly said those words. I had so many questions and none were answered. Tempting them worked somehow, only to be told that I basically had to stay away from them. 

What did they mean by working for the underworld?

I sat up my body aching as I was alone in the guest room. A small piece of paper folded next to a jar of water with some painkillers made me awkwardly scoot over.

'Melody, I'm going to go to work. Since you worked an extra-shift yesterday, I let you take today's off. 

Moreover, you have to do some homework or assignments don't you not? 

I will answer your question if I can I promise. 

I know that you must be angry at your mates for the moment, but don't be too much. I met with Namjoon and there are things you don't know. Rest a bit. Your meal is in the fridge and you're more likely to be alone at home right now. 

Trust us.

JB.'

I folded the paper again and decided to go to the library to do the said assignments. I quickly texted the girl in our group chat to tell them I was back at the Jade pack house and perfectly fine. 

Relief was clear in the texts. 

I took a warm shower and decided to tie my hair for once. Grabbing my bag and the necessary homework, I decided to head to the library: I was feeling awkward alone in a home that wasn't mine. 

Even though the Jade pack was family, I remember how calm Jaebum was when Namjoon was in. I hadn't seen particular anger in the other's eyes either. I had assumed that it was because they knew each other through the Army. 

But there was some chance I was wrong. 

Letting the door lock itself, I took one step outside the mansion when a man dressed all in black appeared in front of me. Standing there, silently and looking straight forward.

"Yes?" I awkwardly mumbled

"I'm ordered to take you out and to watch out for you each time you step out of the mansion. My name is Joshua. Miss Encarta." He introduced himself

"And may I be aware on who gave you that order?" I asked crossing hands over my chest

I had a small idea on who.

"Boss" he answered simply

I breathed deeply as I almost rolled my eyes at the man. He showed me his paper and the order of mission he received. From the few times I had seen Namjoon writing at the base, I could clearly tell that it was him.

"I wanted to go to the library, to study." I whispered "Please call me Melody by the way."

"I'm afraid I can't do that Miss." He said

He really had military discipline.

"Call Namjoon then." I asked

He grimaced before dialing a number and handing me the phone. When I answered there was a silence, I told whoever was on the other side to tell Joshua to call me by my name or I would be very uncomfortable and handed the phone back to Joshua. He was a fox hybrid. A black fox hybrid from my guess. I had no time to ask him because he asked me to follow him to the car.

"We're not going to the library." I said noticing that he headed quite opposite to the direction of it.

"Boss asked me to drive you to him. Miss Melody." He complied looking in the rear mirror