Hybrid 10.1: A new family?

This story's idea was given by @Emmyaddy07. Thank you very much to her and I hope I won't disappoint her with this first chapter.

"MOON" I called out

"Coming Eli!" she answered

I shook my head and sighed with a slight smile. It was sunny that afternoon and my coworker a second year college student was still busy with her exam. Hence she always arrived late for her shift at the cafe. 

The Cafe's name is "Un petit Bonheur" meaning "A small happiness." 

The owner's name is Solar and she's an amazing woman. A cat hybrid at that.

Yes, my world is basically surrounded by both hybrids and humans who almost live in harmony I would say. Like any community, there were discriminations. Humans especially were mostly scared of hybrids. Hybrids were usually smarter, stronger and quicker than humans. 

Making them perfect for any jobs. However, if anyone took time with hybrids, they would understand that they are relatively understandable. 

Of course not all of them.

"She's late again?" my best friend Yeonjun groaned

"Calm down big cat she's busy. It's normal." I teased

Yeonjun glared at me as his tail slapped my ass. He was a black leopard hybrid and we were friends since Kindergarten. In middle school, he met his mate Soobin and there was never any jealousy between his mate and me. 

Soobin even became best friend material rather quickly. Yeonjun had started working here with me. As a moral support and protector as he said.

"I'm not a cat." He growled

I laughed at him as a few humans got startled by the noise. Minutes later, Moonbyul was here and whacked Yeonjun's head making me laugh even harder. 

The girl was a white cobra hybrid and one of the scariest one according to her pears. I didn't agree with that at all. Wheein her mate was much scarier. A dark blue venomous python. Although they absolutely doted on me.

"Have you finished the assignment for tomorrow?" Moonbyul asked Yeonjun with a raised eyebrow

Yeonjun, Soobin and I had chosen the same finance major. We were freshmen and attending the same course. I spent most of my time with them, tried giving them a bit of alone time, but despite my efforts either of them was at least with me during the day. 

Moonbyul was Yeonjun's assigned tutor while Wheein was mine. Speaking about Moon's mate, she entered the cafe and already I could see a few humans straighten. If I was a hybrid, I bet I could smell their fear.

"A scotch." She sat in front of the counter

"An Americano with a lot of ice and a hint of vanilla flavor it is." Yeonjun rushed away as I handed my assignment (completed) to Wheein

"Hello love." Moonbyul greeted

Wheein gave her a heart-warming smile and I couldn't help but envy mates. They were destined for each other, but that was a hybrid thing. 

I, Elina Clint, was a 100% human. 

Pure blood human. 

Even though my mother was a hybrid, for some weird reason I had a complete human bloodline. I had verified that she was my mother.

Why?

Because my mother and I we didn't get along. We had a rocky relationship since I was born I would say. My father ran away after getting her pregnant. He wasn't her mate. Of course, but she loved him. Then she hated him with all her might, but it was too late for me to be aborted.