Hybrid 7.10: Two years later

Here is another chapter. I saw that HYBE uploaded BTS story, but as expected it's a paid story... I'm a bit sad about that since I'm a student and can't really spend money here (money is short). I'll wait for my birthday I guess... Anyway... Here it is.

Two years later

"An iced Americano, please."

"Right on the way!" I answered

It's been two years. Two years since I took a helicopter and moved away from the base camp and left them there. Mira was resourceful, high ranking officer, she had graduated with a hefty sum and her implication in the recent cases gave her more money than she could ever use. Leaving in a condo, I slowly began studying again and lived under a new name. Melody Encarta, granddaughter of Mira Encarta. Tensions between humans and hybrids have also decreased. Hybrids and humans lived in harmony. Of course, the extremist faction existed still, but most of the members were arrested. On the other hand, I worked in a small cafe and studied at the same time. I studied business, to own myself a cafe someday that I knew Grandma would finance for me. She had been the sweetest and I forgave her long ago.

My mates didn't try to contact me. I tried. Multiple times. I sent letters to Commander Vincenzo for them; to explain my reasoning and simply wanting to talk. But, the latter told me that all my letters were burnt once in the hand of the men. Nonetheless, the mate bond was still there. No rejection had been issued.

"Oh, the eyes of the girl is changing colors!" a child noticed

I smiled as the mother widened her eyes and apologized several times before watching my eyes in awe. E.T. became one of the rarest disease. I was surprised when Doctor Cha, was the one welcoming me in his office in Seoul. His smile knowing. I was also seeing a psychologist and slowly but surely I was getting better. I offered the child a candy and they promised to come back again.

"Softie" Solar chuckled

Solar was my coworker and also a fellow student in my class. She was 23 years old and a gorgeous beauty with black hair. A black cat hybrid also. I smiled at her waving at the child.

"I'm not." I whispered smiling

"You're the biggest softie on this planet Mel." She sighed encircling her arms around me "Makes me want to snatch you away." She grumbled scenting me

I giggled as the customers watched us with a smile: some curious and other knowing it was a recurrent scene. Grandma stepping inside the cafe with a worried expression alerted me and what surprised me more was the person behind her.

"Commander!" I exclaimed detangling myself from Solar who hissed

It had been a year and a half since the operation was finished. A year since they came back to Korea. Yet, they all quit. The Seven of them quit. Vincenzo had a hard time releasing it when he saw the seven resignation letter on his office desk. The higher ups had tried to hold them back, but then... they had disappeared. Considered responsible, Vincenzo tried for a year to find them but to no avail: they could have travelled abroad. They could be still in Seoul, Busan or anywhere. Thus, he abandoned. His job and the search.

"Crazy man."

He looked at the old lady who wondered what had happened. She lived with the young human girl that had been the mate of the Seven. The sweet letters hadn't been burnt, but Namjoon had wished for Vincenzo to say so. Still letters were sent every week, asking for news and telling about what the girl was doing in her life to get better. Each time, Vincenzo mustered the small smile tugging on their lips as well as the shadow covering their eyes. At the end always the same sentence: