Apocalypse 2.7: Butterfly

This is probably the saddest part of this story. I almost cried writing it. 

Cleaning the dishes, I was ushered out of the kitchen and went to the laundry room. The girl there were clearly surprised to see me as I asked them how it worked here. They told that they could do it for me, but I insisted to do it myself. There was no way, I would act like Ariel or Mina. I should earn my place like everybody did.

"You're sure different." I heard

I turned around to see a girl putting a hand on her hand in surprise. I smiled awkwardly at her.

"Different?" I wondered

"All the X Immunes usually stayed together: meaning Ariel, Mina on one side and Hwasa and Wheein on the other. Lena went to the Whites two month ago." Another girl said "They always acted loud and haughty, but you are just...beautiful and acting like us."

I flushed hearing the compliment and gave her small thank you as her smile widened. She crouched down next to me.

"Shy?" She teased

I flushed and all the girls in the laundry room cooed making me even more embarrassed. They were in fact all missioners and were here to do their laundry. Some of them would take part in the operation holding place with Solar and Mark.

"Mark's great." The same girl said "I'm Sana by the way." She introduced

"My brother is great. A bit of a firecracker, but composed most of the time." I wondered

She frowned at me.

"Seems like you're talking about an faraway relative." She said

"It's been difficult with what happened recently." I said vaguely "He supposed I was dead and when Jungkook found me, he probably thought that he would have to take care of me like before. Which was not the case and that made him...distant." I said explaining the situation the best I could

Sana hummed as Chaeyoung the girl net to her changed the topic. I helped the girl ironing their clothes, showing them a way to do while saving energy and heat and also faster. They were impressed and all volunteered to learn more. Knowing a lot about chores was far from a choice I made, but I was glad I did now that I could help.

"It is 11am, you should go to the kitchen Ela." Sana said

"Oh crap!" I said grabbing my clothes

Running to the girl's I shared with Solar and Wheein, I noticed that two beds were added with mine. Probably Moonbyul and Hwasa. I understood somehow that they had separated from the group. It was mostly because the four of them knew each other before hand and thus communicated with each other and trusted each other more than with the new girls. Fortunately I wasn't late and talked to Eugene about the girls' I talked too.

"Did you go and see your boys?" he asked

"I didn't." I frowned "I helped the girls doing the laundry and the ironing. Figured I could make myself as useful as-"

A daunting scream of excruciating pain startled both of us.

I looked at Eugene in fear, but as I made a step towards the door he stopped me. A look of sadness took place on his sparkling eyes.

"Someone was bitten." He whispered "It's not going to be pretty."

I bit my lips and nodded as I remained in the kitchen. Lunch passed and the hands were somehow stiffer and I didn't miss the short time the guys spent in front of the kitchen. After cleaning the kitchen, I stepped out and walked around Rebel Town before hearing a howl of pain. I stopped in front of the blue tent. The medical tent.