One hundred and one

"A, B, C," Erin said, pointing at the three letters she'd wrote on the chalkboard she and Archie were playing with. "A is like a triangle with legs. B is like a snowman, and C is like half a circle," Erin said.

"A, B, C," Archie copied, pointing at the letters.

"Good. Now, you try and do an A," Erin said, handing him the pink chalk. He took it in his left hand, sticking his tongue out as he looked at the A. "Triangle with legs," she said.

Archie drew a wonky triangle, drawing two legs from the bottom so it looked more like a triangular shaped stick figure than an A, but it was progress, considering he hadn't been able to recognise what shape a triangle was until two weeks ago, nevermind remember how to draw one.

"Good work, baby!" Erin smiled, kissing his cheek.

The doorbell rang and Erin frowned, checking her phone as she stood up.

"Who is it?" Archie looked up.

"I don't know. Mommy's making breakfast, Alex and Jo are out and Cristina is flying back from Boston with Mer and Owen," Erin said, walking to the front door. She pulled it open, blinking in surprise at April stood there with a duffel bag. "Hey, April. You okay?" Erin asked, stepping aside to let her in.

"Can I stay here for a little while?" April sniffed.

"Yeah, of course," Erin said, pulling her in and closing the door. "Give me your bag," Erin said. April handed it over. "Arizona, April's moving in for a while, so make her some coffee and breakfast!" Erin called. "Archie's in the living room learning his ABCs. Go and let the toddler cheer you up while I get the spare room ready," Erin said.

"Thank you," April cried, pulling Erin into a careful hug. "Thank you," she said. Erin squeezed her shoulder.

"Don't worry about it. Go and play with Archie. His triangle with legs is very impressive," Erin said.

"It is, aunt April!" Archie ran into the hallway, grabbing April's hand and pulling her into the living room. "It's cool!" he said.

Erin chuckled and put April's bag in the downstairs spare bedroom, walking into the kitchen.

"I just realised I can't make the bed. I'll need your help for that," Erin said.

"Good point," Arizona chuckled, leaning over to kiss Erin's cheek. "Is she okay?" she asked.

"Crying, looks exhausted. Trouble with Jackson, I'm guessing," Erin whispered.

"I'll talk to her," Arizona squeezed Erin's hand as she poured her a decaf coffee. "Go and get dressed. I will make April's room up while she and Archie have breakfast," she said.

Erin nodded.

"Good idea. I will try and be quick," Erin said, turning to leave the room. She sighed as she felt the baby move. "Nope. I have to pee instead," she said, walking to the downstairs bathroom. "I'm done with the peeing, Arizona! Seriously done with the peeing!" she called.

She heard Arizona's laugh as she closed the bathroom door behind herself, sitting down on the toilet with a groan.

"I am done with this peeing thing," she muttered to herself.

"Can you believe she didn't win? She was robbed," Erin said into her speaker as she drove to work a day later.

"I know! Erin, I am so pissed off. I could literally stab someone today with the mood I'm in," Meredith cried.

"I don't blame you," Erin sighed. Her phone rang and she frowned when she saw Derek was calling her. "Why is your husband calling me?" she asked.

"I don't know, but I have to turn my phone off, anyway. See you when I land," Meredith said.