One hundred and eleven

"Hey, have you heard?" Alex joined Erin at the peds desk the next morning.

"Heard what?" Erin said.

"There's been a plane crash in the city. All traumas are coming here," Alex said. Erin's hands slowed their swiping on the tablet but she didn't look up at him.

"Okay," she said flatly.

"I'm, uh, I'm gonna take the peds traumas, if you want to hold the fort down up here," Alex said.

"Okay," Erin said.

"You okay?" Alex asked quietly.

"I'm fine," Erin smiled at him, putting the tablet down as she headed down the hallway.

She stepped inside a closet around the corner and closed the door, sliding down to the ground against a stack of equipment trolleys.

She could feel metal stabbing into the inside of her right thigh, right in the scar where the metal had been from their plane crash. She could feel the metal stabbing through her left side, exactly where it had been from their plane crash.

She could see the trees of the forest they were trapped in, could see the blood on her hands and feel the tightness in her chest when she remembered that she had woken up alone, no idea if her family were dead or alive, or even if she was dead and this was some afterlife joke.

She could hear Arizona crying and Cristina rummaging around in the plane. She could see the hole in Arizona's leg, the makeshift sling for Cristina's shoulder. She could feel Cristina dragging her away to say goodbye to Lexie, could feel Lexie's hand squeezing hers weakly.

"Erin, I'm dying."

Erin inhaled sharply, putting her hands over her ears as she heard her dead sister's voice in her head.

"I need you to know that you and Meredith," Lexie took a deep breath, "are the best sisters I ever could've asked for. I love you both."

Erin could feel the pressure in her head building, the sweat soaking her skin as her scrubs stuck to her body. Her chest was too tight to breathe and she felt like she was going to die.

Her mouth dropped open and she gasped in a desperate attempt to get some air. She could still see the trees of the woods, the wing of the plane that Lexie was lying dead underneath, but now she could see Arizona.

Arizona grabbed her shoulders and knelt in front of her, letting go to pull an oxygen mask over Erin's head. She held it to her mouth tightly and Erin closed her eyes, trying to just breathe in and stop panicking over a plane crash that wasn't hers.

"It's okay, Erin. It's okay. It's not us. It's not us," Arizona said, tears of her own streaming down her cheeks. Erin's hands came up to grab onto Arizona's wrists and Arizona could feel blood on her skin from where Erin's nails had broke the skin of her palms.

Arizona settled herself beside Erin, pulling her onto her lap so she could hold her better. Erin lay her head in Arizona's neck, feeling her pulse pounding rapidly against her ear.

The door opened and Meredith stepped in, dropping to the floor beside them. She reached out and grabbed Erin's hands in hers.

"It's not us," Meredith said, though it sounded like she was trying to convince herself of that, too.

"We're okay," Arizona whispered.

"We are okay," Meredith said.

"Did you see the guy out there? His leg is severed beneath the knee. Did you... Did you see him?" Arizona asked Meredith, voice breaking every few words.