Always Daddy Direction

Liam's POV

Somehow we make it through the interview, but it felt like we were all on auto pilot. We answer the typical questions, try to keep a smile on our faces, but our answers are emotionless, all of us numb. None of us speak a word about going to the recording studio and Paul just drives back to the house knowing none of us are really in the mood to make music.

I glance at Harry noting the tears running down his cheeks and how he just looks so lost. He has lost one of his best friends and a little girl that has come to be like a neice or cousin to him. The betrayal and confusion that is hidden within those green eyes is heart shattering.

By the time we get back to Louis' house my bruised back and arms are throbbing in agony. Anyway I move is uncomfortable and brings tears to the brim of my eyes. I try to hide my pain the best I can, blinking away any tears and sttiffling my whimpers, not wanting to draw any of the boys' attention when they are all clearly hurting themselves. 

As soon has the car comes to a stop Harry is out of the car and angrily walking up the walk way slamming the front door behind him. Niall sits beside me unmoving, silent tears running down his cheeks as he stares out the window not even noticing that we have come to a stop. Zayn is out the secound out of the car and has a cigarrette to his lips in secounds. The sight of the damn stick makes me narrow my eyes, his promise to quit clearly doesn't mean shit now. Louis just seems like some numb zombie, he goes through the motions of getting out of the car and going into the house, but his mind is clearly else where. 

Ignroing the pain that ripples through my body as I reach accross the seat, I shake Niall's shoulder gently trying to bring him back to some sort of reality. 

"I'll be in a minute. I think I just need some air," he mumbles before getting out of the car and walking down the driveway towards the iron gate that seperates Louis' property and the street. 

I open my own car door sliding out cautiously. I feel alone and vulnerable without one of the boys by my side, I have not had to walk a long distance without one of them sense getting home from the hospital and the idea of it actually terriffies me. Niall is already off in the distance, Zayn is on the other side of the house his head lowered as he takes drags from his cigarrtte and Louis and Harry are probably hidden within the depthes of the house somewhere  by now.

I take a deep breath, letting go of the car. I slowly make my way up the sidewalk my brusied muscles are now throbbing. My legs however don't tremble like they once to. I somehow manage to make it up the stairs and into the front door. Closing it securely behind me I make my way to the kitchen desperatly needing some ice to help with the bruising on my back and arm. 

I can hear Louis and Harry's hushed whispers from in the living room. I don't try to listen in not wanting to be rude. I open the freezer easily finding an ice pack. I grab a towel wrapping it up in a towel before joining Harry and Louis in the living room.

I can tell immeditly that the conversation is not going well at all. Louis' blue eyes are narrowed dangerously, looking like he might punch Harry at any secound. Harry on the other hand just looks frustrated. 

I settle in the chair near the couch letting the ice pack rest on my badly brusien shoulder as I listen in. 

"You're not even listening to me! This could actually work and we could actually get some of the other names of the people involved. I can't watch a little girl that we have all come to love go into a foster home when we could do something. I'm not saying I forgive Lou, I don't think I ever will. I don't think Lux though should pay for her mother's mistakes," Harry argues.

"It's perfect karma and irony! She wants Liam to pay for his father's mistakes then her daughter pays for her's. Let karma play out, it was meant to be like this and it only seems fair," Louis replies visibly trying to keep himself together.