Brothers and Rumors (Edited)

Niall's POV

"Close the curtains!" Harry orders me the moment we enter Liam's room coffee clasped in both of our hands.

I quickly do as he asks blocking out the view of the screaming fans that crowd the hospital entrance and the sidewalks filled with paparazzi cameras in hand ready to corner any of us given the chance.

"Who leaked what is happening to the press? He doesn't need this right now," Harry hisses at me trying to not wake up Liam.

"They would have found out anyway. A fan probably followed us and just took a lucky guess. It wouldn't be that hard with Liam not being able to make it to the past 2 shows," I shrug taking a seat on the right of Liam, always picking this seat because it has the best  view of the window and TV.

"I know but it's only been what 2 days since his parents' died? Plus, how would they know the details? They know about his kIdneys and that he's sick. Somebody that knows what is going on had to of told them. Have you seen the trends on Twitter?" Harry hands me his phone and the screen shows the world trends in their flashy blue print.

#PrayForLiam

#NoMore1D

#Liam's Dying

#SophiaCheatsOnDyingPayne

"He's not dying though! The doctors have said he's going to be fine! That he just needs some meds to keep his immune system working some what ok and for his kidney to heal!" I argue furious throwing the phone back at Harry.

"We know that ,but the fans and press don't. Simon wants to set up an interview so we can clean up some of this mess." Harry responds while giving me a look that clearly suggested I lower my voice.

"We can't have an interview without Liam.They'll want proof that he is doing ok," I argue.

"The doctors won't realise him. He's not well enough and with his immune system being weak and him recovering from a virus, surgery and a kidney infection will only put him at risk making it more likely that some of those rumors might actually become true! Plus he shouldn't have to go through confronting the press right now," Harry snaps back his own voice rising.

"How can you say that! Liam isn't and won't die!" I snap tears stinging my eyes.

Liam's POV

I open my eyes unable to pretend like I'm sleeping anymore.

"If you two are going to act like this then you both can leave," I snap at them both watching their facial expressions soften once they realize I am awake and have been listening.

"Liam I didn't mean it in that way...I'm just worried," Harry apologizes sitting on my bed.

"I know, I just don't want to even think about the possiblilty. I take it they know we're here?" I ask shifting my postion carefully so I don't rip open my stiches.

"Yeah they're all over outside. It was a battle for us to get through the hospital doors," Niall replies turning the TV on low for background noise.

"Are they causing trouble for other patients?" I ask not wanting anybody that needs medical attnetion have trouble getting into the hospital because of me.

"Nah not really," Niall replies his eyes on the TV screen making my heart sink, he was lying.

"When did Dr. Caine say I could get out of here?" I ask almost desperate to flee the place.

It was like the man could hear us through the wall because at that moment he walks in to look over my surgery wound and check to see how my well my body is fighting off the virus and kidney infection.