Blackmail Part 5

"Cecilia Wild."

That was the name they all shared.

"Hey, she's Diana's best friend. I put her on the list because she never thought I was good enough for Diana and she basically hated me." Luke said.

"I put her on the list because she hated me in sixth grade, when I won against her in the science fair." Ashton put in.

"And I put her name down because we always picked on each other in middle school." Michael said.

"I just put her on the list cos she's creepy." Calum shrugged.

"Okay, so she has probable cause to want to hurt us...or most of us anyways...but don't you think it's a little much want to kill Ashton over a science fair that was years ago?" Luke questioned.

"Yeah...and why send Calum a note when they hardly even know each other?" Michael said.

Calum sighed and threw the list onto the ground. It landed in the fire and they watched it burn. "Well now what? We're back to square one, with no leads." He tossed the pen in too, and Ashton screamed when it suddenly exploded, falling backwards off his chair.

Luke helped him up and Calum sheepishly apologized.

"Well I'm tired from driving all day and it's late. Let's just go to bed and start again tomorrow." Michael said as he stood up and stretched.

They put the fire out and walked back to the cabin.

Snap.

They all stopped and turned to look behind them.

"Heh, probably just a squirrel." Calum chuckled nervously.

Snap!

"Take Luke!" Michael screamed and shoved Luke forward before running into the cabin. Calum let out a war cry and followed. Ashton grabbed and startled Luke a pulled them both inside.

They collapsed in a pile in the living room and took a moment to catch their breath.

After a few moments, Luke sat up and punched Michael. "Dude! Your plan was to sacrifice me?!"

Michael shrugged. "Better you than me. I mean, I don't want to die!"

"Whatever." Luke rolled his eyes and stood up.

 They changed in their rooms and took turns using the bathroom to brush their teeth. Luke couldn't hold back his smile when he saw Ashton wore a bandana to bed.

They climbed into the respective beds, and soon fell asleep.

-

Ashton woke up.

He sat up and looked around the darkness, but his eyes had yet to adjust and he couldn't make anything out.

He stayed silent and listened for anything, trying to figure out what had woken him up.

His heart started to pound. His skin tingled and he sensed someone standing beside his bed. Right where his head would be if he was laying down.

Slowly, and with shaky breaths, he turned his head to the left.

Something shiny caught his eye, but then it was gone. He glanced around, but no one was there.

Or at least, no one he could see.

He breathed a sigh of relief and a slight breeze ruffled his hair.

Wait what.

He gasped when he saw his window was open.

"Fuck this shit, I'm out." He mumbled, flinging the covers off him. He ran to the door, stopped, ran back to the window and closed it, locking it tightly, before running back to the door.

He threw it open and ran to Luke's room. He flung the door open and slammed it shut, before jumping into Luke's bed.

"Ash? Wha?" Luke sleepily mumbled.

"Shh." Ashton pulled the covers over them both and curled against Luke's warm chest.

Luke let out a happy noise and wrapped his arms around Ashton, before instantly falling back asleep.

Ashton breathed out in relief. Slowly, he drifted off into a dreamless sleep against Luke.

It was really too bad he didn't check his phone when he was awake.