Voodoo Doll

Freshman Ashton loves sophomore Luke, but Luke doesn't feel the same way back. Luke pretty much just takes advantage of Ashton, since he knows the younger boy is head over heels in love with him. Ashton knows Luke won't ever love him back, but Ashton still loves him with all his heart.
One day, Ashton finds a voodoo doll that looks a lot like Luke at an old antique shop, and suddenly the tables have turned.

-------------------------------------------

Luke stormed up to Ashton and slammed the younger boy's locker shut.

He shoved Ashton against the lockers and put his hands on either side of his head, trapping him.

Luke glared down at him. "Okay freshman, tell me where you're hiding your voodoo doll!"

Ashton blinked up at him innocently. "What are you talking about?"

"Don't play dumb! You're doing something, I know you are!" He glared. "I don't even like you, so explain how I sang you a song at your window last night."

"I have no idea what you are referring too." Ashton smirked. "Maybe you're finally realizing you love me."

Luke rolled his eyes. "Will you please stop loving me to death?"

Ashton grinned evilly up at him. "Maybe I'll stop when you admit you like me." He winked and ducked under Luke's arms, walking away with all his new found sass.

(A few weeks earlier)

Ashton sat down at the lunch table with Calum.

He made brief eye contact with Luke before returning his gaze to his tray.

"Hey Cal, you bomb that science quiz too?" Luke asked. "Mikey told me he aced it but I don't believe him."

"I totally bombed it, he's a liar." They laughed.

Ashton risked another glance up at Luke, admiring how good the older blonde boy looked today.

"See something you like cutie?" Luke teased and Ashton realized he was caught.

He smiled back. "Yeah, mind if date you now?"

Luke chuckled and popped a chip in his mouth. "Not on your life freshman."

Ashton smiled but on the inside he was embarrassed and heartbroken.

He loved Luke, but the sophomore only viewed him as a younger friend. Hardly a friend, just one of Calum's friends.

He and Calum were captains of the football team, and that was the only reason Luke talked to an underclassmen.

Luke knew Ashton liked him but he preferred to have the younger boy do his homework rather than to kiss him.

Ashton knew Luke was only using him to do his schoolwork but he didn't really mind. As long as he was around Luke, he was happy. Except for moments like these, when he remembered Luke didn't actually like him.

The rest of the football team and Michael joined them then.

"Hey losers, ready for practice after school today?" Another guy from the team asked.

"I can't make it today." Calum said.

"Why not?" Luke asked. "You've skipped the first two practices already!"

Calum shrugged. "Boohoo, I'm shopping with Ashton today."

Luke looked over at Ashton and Ashton got the feeling Luke liked him a little bit less now.

Thanks Calum.

"Whatever, go shop with your boyfriend." Luke rolled his eyes and Calum threw a chip at him.