How It Really Happened

What really happened that day where Ashton saved Luke from being teased at the movies.

*this is not actually what really happened*

-------------------------------------------------------------

"Luke, are you ready to go already?" Liz called up the stairs, as she grabbed her car keys. "The movie starts in fifteen minutes and it takes ten minutes to get there!"

"Yeah, I'm coming!" Luke called down. He hurried down the stairs and jumped off the last one to land in front of his mom.

Liz gave him a worried look. "Oh hun, you're wearing those neon glasses again? Don't you think they're a little...bright?"

Luke smiled up at her and adjusted his flurogreen glasses. "I like them! Don't worry, I'll take them off before the movie starts."

Liz sighed. "Alright, let's go."

Luke quickly ran to the van. "Can I sit in the passenger seat mom?"

"Sure." She replied, climbing into the drivers seat.

Luke hummed along to the radio as his mom drove.

Liz glanced over at him. "Are you sure you want to go alone? I can buy a ticket and watch it with you."

Luke grinned and giggled, tugging down his dark blue beanie. "Going to the movies with my mom? That's just embarrassing. I'll be fine!"

"But," She sighed again, "Are you positive you can't invite a last minute friend? What about Jack or Ben? I can call them over quick."

Luke shook her off as they pulled up to the cinema. "All my friends we're busy today mom, and Jack and Ben don't like animated movies." He got out and waved to her through the window. "Bye, thank you!"

She waved good bye before pulling back out of the parking lot.

"Lord please send an angel to watch over my baby boy."

-

Ashton accepted the giant tub of popcorn his friend, Calum gave him. "Thanks, did you get the drinks too?"

"Of course I got the drinks." Calum said, sounding offended. "What kind of food expert do you think I am?"

"It's nothing personal, it's just that Kiwi Scottish people are naturally forgetful." Ashton shrugged, grabbing a handful of popcorn. Calum glared. "I'm not Kiwi Scottish! For the last time, I'm Asia-" He stopped and narrowed his eyes at Ashton. "Fuck you and everything you stand for."

Ashton giggled as the previews started up. He glanced around the theater. It was just him and Calum, plus a boy who was sitting up front.

A group of guys entered the theater, shoving each other and laughing loudly. They sat in the way back and Ashton turned his attention back to the previews.

Halfway through, the guys from the back got up and walked to the front of the theater, surrounding the boy who was sitting alone.

Ashton could barely make out the boy's dark blue beanie, that was lit by some weird green light.

"Dude, do you actually need those things to see?" A guy scoffed, grabbing the glasses off the boy's face.

"Hey!" The boy jumped up, making a grab for the green glasses. "Give those back!"

"Is this some kind of night light?" The boy asked, laughing as he twirled them around his finger.

The boy pouted. "No, they're cool and they were a gift from my grandpa!"