Punks VS Nerds

The rivalry ends here.

The punks and nerds have been at war for as long as anyone can remember, with both sides never giving in.

The leader of the punks, Luke Hemmings, and the leader of the nerds, Ashton Irwin, have decided to end it though, with one final battle.

So may the best team win.

Who are you rooting for?

-----------------------------------------------------------------

There were two signs.

One was written in big, bold, black letters, with some suspicious looking red stuff dried on it.

The other was written in simple pencil, in what seemed like some outer space language.

They said the same thing though: Punks VS Nerds, the rivalry ends today!

But before we get to the battle, we have to go back in time a little, to when a boy named Ashton and a boy named Luke were very close friends....

Well actually, we can get a sneak peek at the battle quick if you want.

-

Ashton stood in front of his army of nerds, glaring across the warehouse they were in at Luke.

Luke stood in front of his army of punks, keeping his cool in front of the leader of the nerds.

 Okay that's all you get.

-Ten Years Ago-

Ashton was in the boys bathroom when the door opened and another boy came in, nearly walking right into Ashton.

The boy smiled up at him. "Oops."

Ashton grinned. "Hi."

(YES I JUST DID THAT)

"My name's Luke." The friendly boy said, reaching his hand out.

"Ashton." Ashton said, shaking Luke's hand.

"Do you wanna be friends?" Luke asked. Ashton smiled slightly. "Can we be best friends?"

Luke nodded eagerly. "Yes!"

And so they did.

They grew closer and closer together, until feelings started to develop.

Then, in year eleven, everything changed.

Ashton bit his lip and walked up to Luke, who was sitting with his football friends.

Luke smiled at him. "Hey Ash."

"Hi Luke." Ashton's heart was pounding. "Um, I have to ask you something."

"Go for it."

Ashton sighed internally when Luke didn't ask for his buddies to leave, but kept a poker face.

"Um, we've been friends for a while now, and I don't want things to get awkward between us, but, I really, really, really want to be your boyfriend." Ashton stuttered out. "Will you go out with me?"

Luke's friends burst out laughing.

"Wait, Lukey here is gay?! How did he even get on the team then?"

"I knew he was always checking me out at the lockers!"

"What a fag." They stood up and walked away.

Luke jumped up angrily. "What the hell Ashton?! You just got me kicked off the team!"

"I, I'm sorry Luke! I didn't-" Ashton was crying.

"Just shut up." Luke snapped. "The answer is no. And actually, don't ever talk to me again!"

Luke stormed away, and he started dropping his classes and hanging out with the stoner punks, while Ashton became more introverted and threw himself into his hobbies and studies.

They haven't spoken since.

-Present Time-

Okay, so now you know why they have been fighting.

Someone, no one knows who, suddenly shouted "Go!" and the two sides ran at each other.

Ashton suddenly came to his senses and skidded to a halt.

"Wait! Are we seriously going to fist fight? That's not fair!" He shouted.

Luke stopped too. "Well then what should we do?"

"Trivia?" A nerd suggested.

"No." Luke glared.

"Actually, I don't really care. I vote the two leaders fight for both sides." A punk yelled.

"Yeah, why should we hurt ourselves when they can for us?" The crowd started murmuring.

"What? No!" Ashton protested. "I can't fight him!"

"Why not?" Someone asked. "You're stronger."

"Just because." Ashton glared.

Luke shrugged and punched Ashton.

Ashton stumbled back. He touched his bleeding lip in shock.

He looked up at Luke and glared. "Alright fine."

He swung his fist, catching Luke in the eye.

The crowd stepped back to avoid getting hit by all the kicks and punches.

After a while, some started leaving as the battle continued. It was midnight when the last person left.

Ashton and Luke broke apart, panting and sweaty.

"Are they gone?" Ashton asked breathlessly.

"Yeah." Luke collapsed to the ground. "We're alone."

"Finally." Ashton dropped beside Luke and kissed him hard. "This secret relationship shit is hard."

"Right." Luke agreed, pulling Ashton closer.

"How's your football scholarship?" Ashton asked when they pulled apart.

"Good, we're going to state." Luke said. "Oh, I'm really sorry about hitting you by the way."

Ashton shrugged. "All's fair in love and war. Sorry for giving you a black eye."

"It happens." Luke smiled. "I'll see you tomorrow at school." He stood up and helped Ashton up.

"Wait, who do we say won?" Ashton asked.

Luke hooked their hands together. "We'll call it a tie."

-----------------------------------------------------------------

well this took a completely different turn then what I was expecting.

not sure if I like it or nah