Glass Cases and Kisses

dedicated to chillingwith5sos cuz this one shot idea was hers :D (I FINALLY GOT IT UP! REJOICE!)

Luke is a robber, Ashton is a cop. They also happen to be in a secret relationship.

One night, they get caught together and their relationship is exposed. What will happen to their forbidden love now?

-------------------

Luke kneeled in front of the safe, picking the lock carefully.

One click, two, three! The door swung open and he grinned, reaching for the money that was inside.

"Stop right there."

Luke froze and smiled.

"For a second I thought you were going to let me take it all."

Ashton laughed, putting his gun away. "Where's the fun in that?"

Luke stood up and faced his boyfriend. "What took you so long? I was getting bored. And where's the rest of your team?"

"Sorry. They're searching the basement right now."

"Then I guess I better leave now before they get up here." Luke started pulling out the money.

"Just take half." Ashton said, shutting the safe's door. "Or else people will start getting suspicious of us."

Luke pulled his boyfriend close. "Never." He kissed him hard then pushed him away. "See you later."

"Bye." Ashton whispered as Luke jumped out the window.

Footsteps thundered behind him as his team ran up.

"He's not downstairs." Michael panted.

"Yeah, he jumped out the window, you guys just missed him." Ashton said, pointing. "I stopped him before he could take all the money but the bastard got away."

"Damn it!" Calum fired his gun out the window and Ashton gasped, tackling him.

"Hey, what the hell?" Mikey frowned and helped them up. "What was that for Ash?"

"Uh, I didn't want him hurting a pedestrian." Ashton said. "Let's just go back to the station and file the report."

Calum and Michael exchanged looks.

-

As you can probably tell, Luke and Ashton are in a relationship. A very, very secretive relationship.

Ashton would get fired if he was caught, and Luke would be sent to jail. Luke is the citys most wanted thief afterall.

Ashton can't stand the thought of Luke being in prison, and Luke doesn't want Ashton to lose his job, but neither wants to break up with the other; they love each other too much.

But lately Ashton's friends, Michael and Calum, have noticed Ashton's strange behaviour whenever there is a robbery. He splits off from the team and always almost catches the thief. But since they have no proof of anything, they let it slide.

They pulled into the station a few minutes later. It was late at night and Ashton wanted to get the report filed quickly so he could get home and text his boyfriend.

"Hey Ash, the other boys and I are gunna hit the bar after work, wanna come with?" A co-worker asked.

He shook his head. "No thanks, Im just gunna get this report done and head home."

"Aw come on, you never hang out with us anymore!" Calum pouted, coming up. "Hey, I'll do the report if you come with."

Ashton sighed. "Thanks but-"