Everyday

Dedicated to Buteras-flowers cuz shes awesome and I lob her comments and her PICTURE IS LIFE. and this is her idea ♡

Everyday, Luke works at a small coffee shop.

Everyday, Ashton comes in.

Everyday, Luke tries to talk to him, but everyday, Ashton just shuts him out.

Until one day...
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Ding!

Luke looked up and saw a boy enter the small coffee shop. The boy whipped his wet hair to one side as he studied the menu.

They were the only ones in the shop, which wasn't weird since it was pouring out.

Luke realized he was staring and quickly adverted his gaze back down to the counter he was wiping.

He saw the boys fingers enter his vision as they drummed on the counter. He looked up, but the boy was still looking at the menu above Luke's head.

"The cupcakes are good." He said, trying to help the boy decide. However, the boy jumped a foot backwards, staring at Luke with big hazel eyes.

"Sorry." Luke's eyes were wide too. "Didn't mean to scare you."

The boy slowly walked back to the counter. "Okay."

"Okay, you accept my apology?" Luke asked.

The boy shook his head and pointed up. "I'll try one."

Luke frowned. "So, you don't accept my apology?"

The boy gave him a funny smile, tilting his head to one side.

Luke sighed. "Okay, what flavor do you want?"

The boy looked up again and Luke reached under the glass display case, pulling out a red velvet cupcake. "I like this one best."

He held it out and after a moment, the boy accepted it.

"Okay, that'll be two dollars." Luke said. "Want me to wrap it up for you?"

The boy shook his head and handed Luke the money.

Luke put it in the register and watched the boy take a seat at a table by the window, staring at the rain.

He glanced at the clock. The shop closed in ten minutes. He decided to quit a few minutes early. He cleaned up behind the counter and walked up to the boys table.

"Mind if I?" He pointed to the other seat.

The boy looked at him and nodded.

"Wait, is that nod a yes for I can sit here, or yes as in, you do mind?" Luke asked, one hand on the chair.

The boy smiled again. He nodded and Luke opened his mouth to say something but then closed it and slowly sat down.

The boy looked out the window again, slowly picking at his cupcake.

Luke watched him. He didn't look like the shy type, with his black skinny jeans, graphic tee and matching bandana.

The boy turned and caught him staring.

Both boys blushed and looked away.

A moment later, Luke stole another glance at the boy.

Suddenly he put his hands on the table and leaned in. "What's your name?" Luke asked.

The boy looked at him, setting his cupcake down. Luke handed him a napkin and they boy brought it to his mouth.

"I'm Luke." Luke said, giving the boy a smile.