Blackmail

Ashton Irwin, Luke Hemmings, Michael Clifford and Calum Hood have a complicated relationship.

Luke and Michael hate each other, Ashton and Luke kinda-but-not-really-secretly love each other, and Calum and Michael are best friends.

They have nothing in common with each other, until one day when they all get a note.

Someone is messing with their lives.

Someone knows all their secrets.

Someone wants them dead.

(Someone needs therapy.)

-----------------------------------------------------------------

It was October.

Brown, red, yellow and orange was everywhere, since they were the current color of leaves and the leaves were fucking everywhere.

That was what Luke was thinking as he walked to school one chilly day.

It was quiet out, minus the crackle of leaves as he stepped on them.

He wondered if Ashton would be waiting at his locker again today.

He smiled uncontrollably at the thought. Luke loved Ashton, but Ashton didn't love him back.

His smile faltered and he looked at the ground.

A few minutes later, he heard another crunching noise followed by a faint click behind him and he turned around.

The noise stopped and he didn't see anybody.

He frowned and turned back around.

He shivered and pulled his hood up, wanting to get to school faster so he could warm up and maybe see Ashton before the first bell rang.

He ran the rest of the way to the old brick building.

He opened the doors and a wave of loud noises hit him.

There was way too many people in the hallway for his liking, he thought as he squeezed his way to his locker.

But his day brightened when he saw a familiar curly head waiting there.

"Ashton!" Luke beamed. "Hi."

"Hey Luke." Ashton giggled.

"It's cold out." Luke said as he shoved his backpack into his locker. "I was freezing on the way to s-"

"Dude don't!" A body crashed into Luke's locker, slamming it shut.

"Hey!" Luke exclaimed as Michael picked himself off Luke's locker.

"I said don't push me Cal!" Michael shouted and chased after his friend, ignoring Luke.

"It's okay." Ashton put his hand on Luke's shoulder. "It wasn't his fault."

"He could have at least apologized though." Luke grumbled, redialing the combination.

Ashton sighed and when Luke had his stuff, walked to class together.

"I can't wait till Halloween." Ashton said excitedly. "Are you going to Josh's party?"

"Ugh, Josh." Luke muttered and Ashton frowned. "You don't like Josh?"

"I think he likes you." Luke said, trying to keep the jealousy in.

"What makes you say that?" Ashton questioned.

"You haven't noticed him staring at you in the locker room? Or how he switched lockers to be closer to you? He totally likes you." Luke grumbled.

"No he doesn't." Ashton dismissed. "And anyways, I would say no if he asked me out. He's not my type."