The Hybrid Story

Hybrids have finally become a reality.

Unfortunately, the public rejected anyone who was a hybrid. The government then demanded a recall of all the hybrids. But there is no way to a hybrid back into a human. Thus started the mass genocide of all the hybrid species.

This is really bad news for Ashton Irwin, who happens to be a cat hybrid on the run. But sh! Don't tell anyone!

Well, you could tell Luke Hemmings. He's a cat hybrid too. They meet up in an alley while hiding from the government agents.

Just a simple love story with a twist.

---------------------------------------------

Calum looked down at the paper and sighed, a tear rolling down his cheek.
His boyfriend, Michael, came up behind him and put a hand on his shoulder.

"Why do you do that?" He asked quietly.

"Do what?" Calum wiped his cheek.

"Write. Isn't it better to forget?"

"I could never forget. Someone needs to tell their story." Calum said, picking up the pen.

"On this day, one year ago, two amazing people lost their lives. Their names are Ashton Irwin and Luke Hemmings. This is their story."

-

The moon glittered overhead, reflecting in a small puddle of rainwater.

A leaf broke off its tree and floated down, landing in the middle of the puddle, causing ripples.

Suddenly a foot splashed into the puddle, squishing the leaf and splashing water out of the puddle. The foot belonged to a runaway cat hybrid named Ashton Irwin.

Ashton risked a glance behind him, breathing heavily.

The agents were on his tail, not literally, thank God. But he could hear them shouting and running after him. Who knew what they would do if they caught him?

The thought of it made him let out a small cry of terror and push harder.

He stumbled in the darkness of the night, tree branches seemed to purposely try and get in his way as he ran, arms pumping at his sides to propel him farther.

He was so out of breath, he knew he had to stop soon.

But where?

Trees surrounded him and he had no idea where he was.

Then he realized, duh! Trees! He was part cat after all.

He quickly scanned the area of dense forest around him, looking for a high tree.

"I see him!" Came a shout.

Ashton gasped and looked behind him. He could see figures running, getting closer.

He pushed himself harder and grabbed onto a low branch, pulling himself up.

"There he is!" A hand grabbed his ankle, pulling him down. "Got you!" he shouted in triumph.

"No!" Ashton cried. He kicked out, catching the agent in the face.

He scrambled up the tree to the highest branch while the agents surrounded the tree.

"Come down with your hands up!" One called through a megaphone. "We have you surrounded! Don't try to escape."

Ashton ignored them and climbed as high as he could go.

"Fine then, I won't do anything." He muttered, hugging the tree tightly. His trembling brown tail wrapped around him as his fluffy ears flattened against his curly bronze hair.