Sightless Eyes

Dedicated to chillingwith5sos for the idea! :D and for helping me with the research!

Luke's boyfriend, Ashton, is blind. Ashton wants to play football (soccer) like Luke does, but their school doesn't allow blind people to play on the team.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

*Five Years Ago*

Luke was at the park when he noticed a boy, sitting by himself in the sand.

The boy was wearing sunglasses, which Luke found odd, since it was cloudy out.

After a while, curiosity got the better of him and he walked over to the boy.

He sat down in front of him and the boy tilted his head up, but Luke got a strange feeling the boy wasnt looking at him.

"Who's there?" The boy asked.

"Hi, I'm Luke." Luke said. "Why are you wearing sunglasses? The suns not out!"

"Because otherwise people will make fun of my eyes." The boy said softly, trailing his finger in the sand.

"Why?" Luke leaned forward, seeing only his reflection in the dark glasses.

"Because I'm blind." The boy said. "They think my eyes are funny looking."

Luke shuffled a little closer to the boy. "I bet your eyes are really pretty. Much prettier than anybody's!"

The boy looked back down at the shapes he was making.

"Whats your name?" Luke asked.

"Ashton."

"Why are you playing by yourself Ashton?" Luke asked softly.

"Because no one wants to play with the blind kid." Ashton said.

Luke smiled. "I'll play with you."

Ashton frowned. "You dont have to. You can just leave and play with the other kids, I'm used to being alone."

Luke frowned too. "But I dont want to play with the other kids. I wanna play with you. Do you wanna play with me Ashton?"

After a moment of silence, Ashton smiled. "I'd like to play with you Luke. Very much."

Luke beamed. "Great!" He stood up and waited for Ashton to stand up too. Ashton reached out and Luke waited for him to grab his arm.

When he did, Luke led him around the playground.

"Wanna play on the swings?" Luke asked and Ashton nodded. Luke guided him over to the swingset.

"Here, I'll push you!" Luke helped Ashton sit on the swing, and went to stand behind him.

He started slowly at first, so Ashton got the hang of it, then pushed the swing faster and faster, until Ashton was laughing and smiling.

Luke smiled too. He liked Ashton's laugh.

After a while, it got dark and Luke stopped the swing.

"Thanks for playing with me Luke." Ashton said softly, climbing off.

"Ashton." Luke grabbed Ashton's arm and the boy stiffened. "Sorry." Luke let go. "I was just wondering, can I see your eyes? Please, I really want to see them."

Ashton sighed. "Promise you wont laugh? I dont like it when the people laugh."

"I promise." Luke swore. "I will never laugh at you Ashton."

"Then go ahead." Ashton whispered.

Luke caught his breath and reached up, slowly taking off the sunglasses.