Blackmail Part 4

The ride to Michael's cabin was about three hours, which was plenty of time for them all to get annoyed with each other.

Or more like, Luke and Michael annoying Calum and Ashton with their stupid and pointless bickering.

"Luke, please stop being annoying." Ashton murmured, leaning his head against Luke's shoulder.

"I'm not being annoying, he is!" Luke seethed. "If he had turned left when I told him too, we would be there by now."

"Keep in mind I wasn't planning on inviting you in the first place." Michael said, looking in the rearview mirror.

"Come on you losers, this was supposed to be a fun vacation for the four day weekend! And look at the scenery! It's so nice in the fall." Calum said.

Luke rolled his eyes. "You're such a mom, Cal."

Calum pouted. "Fine, let's talk about something else."

"Like what?" Ashton asked, playing with Luke's bracelets.

"None of us have gotten any more notes right?" Calum twisted in his seat to look at the three of them.

They all shook their heads, but Ashton bit his lip and looked out the window.

Luke noticed and nudged him with his shoulder. "Hey, you okay?"

"Yeah...well, actually, I did get a note at school today." He admitted. Luke gasped. "Why didn't you tell me?"

"Because it was just another threat and I didn't want to deal with it." Ashton shrugged.

Luke sighed and wrapped his arms around the smaller boy. "Is that why you were all sad before we left?"

Ashton nodded.

"We should make a list." Michael said suddenly, not taking his eyes off the road.

"A list? Of what?" Calum asked, opening a bag of chips.

"Of everyone we know who could hate us like this. It's gotta be someone we all know, so it can't be too many people, since the four of us don't have that much in common." Michael said.

"Wow Michael, that's the first non-dumb idea you've ever had." Luke said.

"Thanks, I got it from reading your diary." Michael retorted.

Luke glared and blushed. "It's a journal, stupid."

Calum passed the chips to Luke to shut him up. "That's a good idea Mikey, let's do it when we get to the cabin."

"Which, we would be at now if you had turned left when I said to." Luke mumbled around the chips.

Ashton rolled his eyes. "Here we go again..."

-

Half an hour later, they pulled up into a long, winding driveway. It was lined with trees and red and yellow leaves occasionally drifted down.

Michael parked the car in the garage and they grabbed their bags from the trunk.

"Wow, it's a nice cabin Mikey." Ashton smiled.

"Thanks, and don't worry about having to share a room, there's five of them so we can each have our own." Michael said, holding the door open for them.

The entry way led into the kitchen, which opened up to the living room. One wall was made entirely out of window, so they could see the large backyard that led to the lake. A small dock was there, and a boat bobbed beside it, ropes were keeping it secured to the dock.

The bathroom and four bedrooms were to the left of the living room, the fifth was downstairs, along with another bathroom and the laundry room. The laundry room also led to the garage.

They all chose the rooms upstairs, because no one wanted to be alone in the basement.

And Luke was convinced there were bats down there.

Michael took the room beside Calum's, and Luke took the one beside Ashton. (surprise right)

After they unpacked, they went outside to the backyard to cook hotdogs around the campfire.

Calum brought down the marshmallows, and a notebook a pen for the list.

"So, should we each make our own lists and then compare them to see if one name is on all of them?" He asked, sitting down.

"Sure." Luke said, and handed everyone a sheet. Since Calum had only grabbed one pen, they had to wait.

Michael went first, then Calum, Ashton, and then Luke.

"Okay? We all done?" Michael asked.

The three nodded.

"Okay, let's show them on the count of three." He said. "One, two...three."

They all held them out and simultaneously gasped.

There was one name that was on all of their lists.