Freedom - Gives You Hell

Ashton squinted at the light all around him. It was definetly brighter up here. He closed his eyes.

Something tickled his nose and he sneezed. He blinked his eyes open and stared at Luke, who was hovering over him on the bed.

Ashton smiled at Luke's shocked expression."I missed you."

"I missed you too." Tears dripped onto Ashton's shirt. "You missed out on a lot."

Ashton sat up in the bed and Luke laid down beside him, holding the older boy close. "Wanna fill me in then?"

And so Luke told Ashton everything that had happened, before he fell asleep mid-sentence.

Ashton smiled down at him and pressed a fond kiss to Luke's forehead. "I love you baby. Thank you for fighting."

-

Michael and Calum came into the room and gasped at the sight of Ashton awake and reading a magazine.

"Ashton!" Calum shouted and Ashton shushed him.

"Lukey's asleep." He whispered, looking down at the sleeping boy beside him.

"Ashton!" Calum whispered as he ran up to hug him. "When did you wake up?" Ashton looked at the clock. "About an hour ago. Luke told me about the fighting."

"Yeah, managements pretty mad." Mikey said, taking a seat. "Can we get out of this hospital now? I hate it here."

"No but really, same." Calum groaned.

Mikey got up to ask if they were clear to go home, and Calum went to follow him but Ashton grabbed his arm and pulled him back.

"Hey, I just wanted to say, I'm sorry." He said, his eyes watering up.

Calum frowned. "What do you have to be sorry for?"

"For putting you and the boys through all this when I tried to kill myself. I promise I won't do it ever again. Thank you for saving me."

Calum sat down. "I didn't save you. I was too busy crying and feaking out. Luke was the one who saved you."

Calum stared down in horror at Ashton.

"Good luck putting me back together." Ashton whispered, raising the blade to his neck. His hand trembled, and he didn't have the energy to make the final cut.

His arm fell to the floor and the blade skittered across the floor, spraying drops of blood along the floor.

Calum dropped to his knees and shakily pulled out his cell phone. "Oh shit no, no no no no no, my God, please, no." He dialed Mikey's number.

"Get over here now, I think Ashton just killed himself. No, I will as soon as I hang up. Okay, bye."

He hung up and dialed 911 and wiped his eyes, straining to see through his tears. "Hello? I need an ambulance, my friend just cut himself and he's bleeding pretty badly."

He was giving the operator the address when the door was slammed open and Luke ran in.

"Move." He shoved Calum out of the way and grabbed a towel, pressing at towel Ashton's wrist. "How could you let him do this?!" He shouted, grabbing a new towel when the first one had soaked through.

"I didn't! He locked the door, I asked him if he was okay..." Calum cried as Mikey escorted him out. "It's okay Cal, no one blames you. Is the ambulance on their way?"

Luke angrily wiped his eyes and grabbed another towel. "Dammit Ashton! Why did you do this to us?! You know that if you go, I go too."

"The paramedics will be here in a few minutes." Michael said, holding Calum tightly as the boy cried into Mikey's chest.