Luke's Flower Child Part 2

Ashton walked along Luke's garden, leaving a trail of flowers in his wake. He munched on a giant strawberry as he watched Luke work. He was pulling out weeds, and thanks to Ashton being who he is, Luke's garden was overflowing with flowers.

Ashton offered his strawberry up to Luke but the human smiled and declined.

Ashton plopped onto the grass and clicked his toes together as he stared at the sky. Luke watched him and frowned. "Hey Ash? Are you okay? You've been really sad lately."

Ashton sighed. "Yeah, I'm just a little lonely is all. You have Niall and all your friends, and I just have me."

Luke clutched his heart. "Aw Ashton! Why didn't you tell me?! I can buy you a friend if you want." He intwined his middle finger and his pointer finger. "Me and the old man are like this."

Ashton giggled and climbed up Luke's legs. "Really? You'd buy me another flower child?"

Luke smiled and picked him up. He set Ashton on his shoulder. "Of course! I hate it when you're not happy! We can go to that kiosk right now if you want."

Ashton gasped. "Ohmygoshyes!" He hugged Luke's neck and kissed it repeatedly. "Thankyouthankyouthankyou!"

Luke laughed at the feel of the tiny kisses. "You're welcome." They started walking.

Luke's phone rang and he answered it. "Hey Niall."

Ashton could hear Niall's voice, drifting through the phone. "Tell him what we're doing!" He giggled excitedly.

Luke laughed. "We're adopting a friend for Ashton."

"Another flower child?" Niall asked.

"Yeah, Ashton was lonely." Luke said as they neared the kiosk.

"What, was I not good enough for him?" Niall asked. Ashton walked across Luke's hair and spoke into the phone.

"I hated you."

"I'm feeding you to the cats next time I come over." Niall said and hung up.

Luke sighed and hung up. "Why do you do that Ash?"

Ashton shrugged. "Passes time."

They arrived at the kiosk and Luke tapped on the counter. He spotted another small flower pot and picked it up excitedly. "What about this one Ash?"

Ashton clapped his tiny hands. "Yes perfect!"

Luke paid the old man, and they started home.

Ashton babbled the whole way, talking about all the things he and his new friend could do. Luke smiled and set the pot on his windowsill. "Mikey and Calum are gunna freak."

Ashton jumped off Luke's shoulder and ran to the kitchen. He climbed up onto the counter and grabbed a cup, rolling it to the sink where he filled it with water.

"Luke!" He called. "Help me please!"

Luke came into the kitchen and grabbed Ashton and the cup. He set them both down in front of the pot, and Ashton watered it.

Luke smiled and left him to it.

Ashton sat besides the pot. "I'll just wait for you to grow. I can't wait to be bestest friends!"

Ashton took care of the plant for the next week, and then, the gold and red flower started opening.

"Luke!" Ashton cried, running in circles. "It's happening!"

Luke shut the door so his cats wouldn't get in the way, and they watched as the petals twirled and opened.

Ashton gasped when he saw a tiny boy sleeping in the middle of the flower. "Looky Lukey! He's just like me!" He crawled up the flower and shook the boy awake. "Hi there! I'm Ashton! Wanna be friends?"