Oblivious

Luke loves Ashton.

They've known each other since they were little.

But he never found the courage to tell Ashton how he felt. Everytime he tried, he got tongue tied and ended up saying the exact opposite of what he meant.

Eventually, Ashton moved on.

He found someone, Calum, and they started getting serious.

Ashton was ecstatic.

Luke was anything but.

And then of course, things get worse, and Ashton drops a bombshell; he and Calum are getting married.

Luke knows Calums been cheating on Ashton with Michael. He tries to tell Ashton, but Ashton refuses to hear anything bad about his fiance.

Luke's about to lose his everything, to a cheater.

All because Ashton's oblivious.

(also based off of If You Don't Know)

----------------------------------------------------------------

Age 3.

Luke looked up from his blocks as his door opened and his mom stood there, holding the hand of a little boy.

Luke gasped as he took in the boys appearance and his heart started pounding.

The little boy smiled at him, revealing dimples that sent Luke reeling.

"Luke, this is Ashton. He moved in the house next to us. Why dont you two play for a bit before dinner?" She set Ashton down beside Luke and left.

Ashton started stacking the blocks, oblivious to Luke staring at him.

"Pretty." Luke murmured.

"Hm?" Ashton faced him and Luke squeaked and blushed.

"Ugly! Ashton's ugly!" Luke hastily backtracked.

Ashton frowned and pouted. "No...Ashton not ugly!"

"Yeah huh!" Luke tried to stop blushing but failed.

Ashton's lower lip trembled and he burst into tears. "Mommy!" He wailed loudly and Luke's heart shattered.

The door opened and Mrs. Irwin scooped up her son. "What's the matter baby?"

"Meanie!" Ashton accused, pointing to Luke.

Luke started crying. He wasn't a meanie! He liked Ashton! He thought Ashton was beautiful!

"No no no no no." Luke babbled through his tears.

Ashton buried his face in his moms shoulder. "Mommy, he hurted me!"

"Where did he hurted you baby?" She asked gently.

Ashton sniffed and pointed to his heart. "Hurted me here. Hurted real bad."

Luke gasped.

"What's going on here?" Mrs. Hemmings appeared.

"Oh, just a little fight." Mrs. Irwin said. "You know how little boys are."

Liz frowned and nodded. "Let's try to get them along later."

Luke sniffed and watched as Ashton was carried out of the room.

Age 7.

Luke was kicking a ball around outside when he heard a screen door open and Ashton stepped out.

Luke was just as mesmorized by his beauty today as he was four years ago.

He raised his hand to wave at him, but panicked.