Baby Ashton Part 2

Luke's P.O.V.

I run out of the Irwin's house after babysitting Ashton, and into my room, ignoring my moms question of how it went.

I go to my dresser, and pull out the stack of bills that I had saved up from babysitting.

I sit on my bed and count them eagerly.

"Yes!" I cry happily a few minutes later. "Yes yes yes!"

I run down the stairs, shoving the money in my pocket as I go.

"Mom!" I call. "Can you drive me to the music store?"

"Now?" She asks. "I'm cooking dinner. We can go after."

I groan, my mood ruined. "But I want to go now! I finally have enough money for the Aviator Soul and I need to go buy it before Calum and Michael do!"

"Alright fine. Go thank Mrs. Irwin first and then we can go." My mom relents.

"But I already said thank you, before I left!" I say, getting my shoes on.

She gives me a look and I know to shut up and go next door now or else I will not be getting the AS anytime soon.

I knock on the door and a few moments later it opens.

"Lu!" Ashton shrieks happily from the floor.

I crouch down to his height and grin. "Hi Ashy! Did you open the door yourself?"

"Not yet." Mrs. Irwin smiled.

I straightened up. "Oh, uh hi. Um, my mom wanted me to come over and say thanks for paying me, because now I can go buy this guitar I really want."

She smiles. "You earned it. Thanks for watching Ashton. You should bring the guitar over next time you watch him, Ashton loves music."

"Okay, I will!" I smile and wave goodbye.

"Bye Lu!" Ashton raises a hand and waves bye quickly before becoming unbalanced and falls over.

I laugh and set him upright, giving him a quick kiss on the cheek. "Bye Ash. See you tomorrow."

I hand him over to his mom and run back to my house, where my mom waits in the car.

"Now drive!" I say eagerly. She gives me a look and I sigh. "Please."

-

"Yeah, it's so light! Like, it looks heavy but it's not." I collapse onto my bed as I have a three way talk with Mikey and Calum on the phone.

"Dude, I can't believe you finally got it. When can I come over and play it?" Michael asks.

"Yeah, I wanna play it too!" Calum whines.

"Maybe when you two are older." I say, studying my nails and admiring how great they look holding the Aviator Soul.

"We're both older than you!" Mikey protests.

"Sorry, can't hear you over the sound of me playing this amazing guitar." I say and hang up. I slip the AS over my shoulder and tune it. I plug it into its amp, turning the volume all the way up.

As I decide what to play first, my mom

knocks on the door.

"Luke?"

I huff but open the door. "Yeah?"

"Mrs. Irwin's been called down to work an emergency shift, and her husband won't be home for another three hours. Can you watch Ashton quick?"

I sigh, but remember I can bring the AS to their house. "Sure. Tell her I'll be over in a sec."

I pack up the Aviator Soul and quickly head over to the Irwin's.