Mango Smoothie

Ashton and Luke indirectly kiss all the time. Both have feelings for the other, although neither will admit it.

But one day, Ashton wants to take things further and ask, Luke, will you be my first kiss?

dedicated to StylinsonIrwings for the idea!

-----------------------------------------------------------------

"What do you want babe?"

"I don't know, you pick."

"Do you wanna try the pineapple? Or what about strawberry?"

"How about we share one?"

Ashton smiled. "Okay." He went up to the smoothie cart and ordered one smoothie.

Luke felt a tingle when Ashton only grabbed one straw.

This will be like kissing. He thought.

Ashton came back to their park bench and handed him the smoothie. "Here, you can have the first sip. The guy recommended mango, so that's what I got."

"Thank you." Luke took it and tried the new flavor.

"How is it?" Ashton asked, looking at him.

"Good, you try it!" Luke handed it back to him and he felt another tingle when Ashton drank from the straw, same as he did.

Does that count as our first kiss? He wondered.

Ashton shrugged. "It's okay." He handed the drink back and even though Luke wasn't thirsty, he took another drink from the straw, just to get that tingle feeling again.

-

Its been three years since that date, and the only thing that could count as a kiss between them was that mango smoothie.

Luke was a little sad as he walked around the house, waiting for Ashton to come back from a dentist appointment.

He really thought that by now, he and Ashton would have kissed already.

Both boys liked each other, and both boys knew the other liked them, but for some reason, neither was making a move.

Unless you count sharing food or chapstick as a move. But Luke didn't. Those were indirect kisses.

He wanted a direct kiss. Ashton's lips against his. His lip ring to glide smoothly across Ashton's bottom lip, just like how he always imagined it to be.

The door opened and Ashton came in.

"Hey, how was it?" Luke asked.

"Well my teeth feel weird now, but no cavities." Ashton grinned to show off his perfect teeth and Luke smiled. Ashton always prided himself on never having a cavity.

"That's good. Hey, do you wanna go someplace? It's so boring here."

"Sure. Where do you want to go?" Ashton asked, walking back outside as Luke followed him.

"I dunno, the park? It's nearby." Luke suggested.

"Okay." As they started walking there, a plan formed in Ashton's mind.

"Hey, I have a weird taste in my mouth from the dentist, so I'm going to go get a smoothie, wanna share it with me?" He asked.

"Sure." Luke smiled and Ashton walked to the smoothie stand.

He ordered one smoothie and went back to Luke.

"Here, you can have the first sip if you want."

Luke took it and smiled. "Three years since we've been to the park, and that smoothie stand is still here. Is this mango?"

Ashton laughed and sat beside him. "Drink it and find out." He leaned in towards Luke.

Luke went to try the smoothie, but Ashton suddenly knocked the drink away and took its place. Luke's lips met Ashton's.

Luke's eyes widened. This isn't mango.

They froze like that for a moment, lips touching but not kissing.

Ashton looked up at Luke, asking if this was okay. Luke nodded slightly and, ever so slowly, they finally kissed.

It was everything Luke imagined it to be, it felt just like he thought it would, and there was a faint smell of mango in the air.