The Dare

If u guys liked this, UltimateOreo is making a full fanfic about it and unicorns_are_real_xx is making a german fanfic about it and they are absolutely amazing! ♡

-

Luke Hemmings was a homophobe.

It wasn't his fault, that's just the way he was raised.

What was his fault, was the constant insults and negative looks he gave GLBT people in their school.

His best friend, Calum, recently met a guy named Michael, and they have been hanging out more and more and Luke is alarmed, since he knows both boys are gay.

Luke tries to talk Calum out of dating Michael, by telling him it's just a phase, and that he only think's hes gay, when he is actually straight.

Fed up, Calum dares Luke to prove it's a phase.

He dares him to be gay for a week.

And the week would have gone by smoothly...if it wasn't for Ashton Irwin.

(I DONT MEAN TO OFFEND ANYBODY ABOUT CHURCH OR RELIGION OR ANYTHING)

------------------------------------------------------------

Luke met up with Calum at Calum's locker before the first bell rang. "Hey. How was your weekend?"

"Meh." Calum closed the locker and they started walking to first hour. "Yours?"

"Church was nice." Luke smiled and Calum groaned.

Luke looked at him. "What?"

"Everytime you say the c word, a bit of my gay heart dies."

Luke frowned. "It's not too late for you, you know, God can still save you."

"I don't need saving!" Calum snapped as they sat down. "I'm totally fine."

"But God says-"

"I don't caaaaaaaaaaare." Calum clasped his hands over his ears. "Not listening!"

Luke huffed and sat down. "Fine."

A boy with bright red hair walked into the room and Calum's attitude suddenly changed. He smiled and watched the boy take a seat a few rows away.

Luke followed his gaze and frowned.

Class started then so Luke let it go, but a sickening feeling stayed with him.

-

A few hours later, it was lunch and Luke was sitting at his and Calum's usual table, waiting for Calum to show up.

When he did, he was brimming with happiness. "Hi Luke!"

"Hey." Luke stabbed his salad.

"Geez, I know the salad's here are terrible, but don't kill it." Calum teased. When Luke just glared at him, Calum asked in a concerned voice, "Hey, are you alright?"

"No." Luke muttered darkly, looking back down at his tray. He laid the fork down and sighed. "Look Cal, you're my best friend, and I accept you, but it makes me uncomfortable when I see you hugging, kissing, flirting, with other guys. It's just...it's not right. It's...it just disgusts me. Especially with that red haired guy from first hour."

"You mean Michael?" Calum completely forgot the first part of Luke's speech as he dreamily stared past Luke to Michael, who was sitting across from them at another table. "He's so hot, isn't he?"

"No!" Luke huffed and glared. "He's not hot! And you shouldn't think that either!"

Calum sighed and stood, picking up his tray. "Whatever Luke. Talk to me when you're not a dick. Or when you start liking it."